Page 1 of 6
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Dead wrestlers

Blog Entries

Dead wrestlers

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/st...p-413433c.html

'Bam Bam' dead at 45

Wrestler Bigelow found in Fla. house

Scott Bigelow, who wrestled professionally under the nickname "Bam Bam," was found dead on Friday in Hudson, Fla. He was 45.

The cause of death was unknown. There didn't appear to be foul play, but the Pasco County sheriff's office was awaiting autopsy results.

Bigelow worked for WWE, ECW and WCW extensively throughout his 20-year sports-entertainment career. A former ECW Champion, ECW Television Champion and WCW Tag Team Champion, he was perhaps best known for his rivalry with Lawrence Taylor that culminated in the main event of WrestleMania XI in 1995.

Bigelow's death shook friends and family, as well as the wrestling community. Survivors include daughter Ricci and sons Shane and Scott, who live with his ex-wife in Ocean County, N.J.

"He was a good guy, very good, with a good heart," wrestler Jerry Sags, one-half of the renowned tag team The Nasty Boys and a longtime friend of Bigelow's, told The Tampa Tribune.

Sags and Bigelow had worked together recently on local and regional American Combat Wrestling promotions for which Bam Bam often gave advice to ACW wrestlers like "Roughhouse" Ralph Mosca, Sideshow and David Mercury.

"In a lot of ways he was just a big teddy bear that had that New Jersey attitude about him," Sags said. "My last conversation with Bam Bam, I saw the state he was in and I said, 'Man, we've lost 40 of our friends (in recent years). I'm tired of going to funerals. Don't let it happen to you.'"

Bigelow, who finished third in the 1979 New Jersey state wrestling tournament for Neptune High School, was known for the fiery tattoo that covered his skull and uncanny agility for a man of nearly 400 pounds.

Brian Knobbs, the other half of The Nasty Boys, was a friend of Bigelow's, as well as a foe in the ring.

Bigelow "not only had the look, but he was a tremendous athlete. He did tons of crazy stuff off the top rope," Knobbs said. "Me and him had a WCW hardcore championship of the world match in St. Louis. We fought all over the building, even in the concession stand. He wound up beating me."

In the mid-1980s, Bigelow performed drop kicks and other aerial maneuvers, and perfected a finishing move he called "Greetings From Asbury Park."

But his bone-crunching approach probably shortened his career.

In an interview last year, Bigelow said that he once was 6-foot-3, but was then 6-1. He attributed his diminishing frame to back surgeries.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    This page has been in my "favorites" for several years now.

It's a nice archive of dead wrestlers.

Just a head's up, it's easy to miss that there are two pages.

http://www.deansplanet.com/deadwrestler.html
    Find a new slant.

Mr. Perfect is dead? Suck.
    STEW BEEF!

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    yea mr perfect been dead for a minute. and damn did he have an arrogant persona you just loved to hate. I still remember his robin leach interview.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

The only wrestling video game I've ever owned was for the Super Nintendo and my favorite guy to use was Mr. Perfect and his "Perfect Plex". I even liked the guy's intro music in the game. Even now his name makes me smile.
    STEW BEEF!

rollin through your neighborhood, middle finger up
    Wow, not sure if its the same one but Ms Elizabeth lived across the street from me when I was really little. There were a couple chicks that played Ms Elizabeth, I just know that the one who lived next to me was the original.

Damn, Bam Bam.

I'll tell ya what sucks:
    Stu Hart, dead in 2003 at the age of 88. Man, he went too soon!
    I didn't need anymore proof that I've been dabbling with the wrong idea lately.
    The Wrestling Ring in my back yard is coming down TOMORROW. That little 12 year old puttz who lives across the street is just gonna have to live with the fact that I've beat him two out of the last three times we went at it.
    I hear he's OK after the surgery to have the folding chair removed from his skull.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

Seeing Stu Hart had passed away really DID make me fret.
    How come the good ones always die young? Man, life is here, and one minute you are launching yourself off the ropes and landing on some guys balls, and the next you're being asked if you REALLY meant to boff that blonde chick behind your wife's back in '78, and the answer determines whether you get a halo or a pitchfork.
    But not many people know Stu Hart like I do. I patterned my aforementioned "Goshboots Backyard Wrestling" career after him.
    For instance, I copied his signature move: The "Dutch Oven". Also, he and I both got our start in wrestling kind of in the same way: His in bars, and mine behind them.
    Television kind of killed Stu's career, though, because he insisted on wrestling naked (except for the boots, of course), which led to his other patented move: "Salami Hider". I've never really had the desire to copy that one, at least not in my older years.
    Of course, Stu pioneered "Fantasy Wrestling", and made millions when it became all the rage in Indonesia.
    Later in life, after the injuries began to pile up, Stu stayed in the entertainment industry by getting a sex change operation and playing the part (wonderfully, I might add) of Edith Bunker in "All In The Family".
    RIP, Stu Hart, you weren't here long enough for your coffee to get cold!
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

Blog Entries
    All kidding aside, Stu Hart was an ornery motherfucker.

I remember seeing a documentary about the Hart family about 8-10 years ago.

He used to take his kids down the basement and put them in submission holds until they couldn't stand it any longer. The younger kids would listen through the heat ducts in their bedrooms as their siblings screamed in agony.

Nice parenting.
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread