+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 20
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: The internet's best Michael Vick thread

Blog Entries
    Gotcha b-d.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    That has horrible "football" implications (re: cap hit and Joey being, well, Joey) but the alternative could really devastate this franchise (trying to make it work, holding onto him too long, etc).
    And before Fool the grammar cop points this out, I meant "i.e." and used "re:" in error.
    Last edited by Glenn; 07-18-2007 at 04:20 PM.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by b-diddy
    but to me there is a huge gap between the normal thuggish crimes that are the norm, which i attribute to immaturity and maybe just not being a good person, and even kobe being accused of rape, to this. michael vick is a sociopath. if i were a parent no way would i let my kids cheer for this guy. atleast not until he's paid his dues, recieved counselling, and has shown genuine remorse for his acts.
    How many people do you think are rocking that #7 jersey today in Atlanta?

I'd be publicly burning mine if I had one (I'm not a fan).

I'm trying to imagine how I would feel if this was a player on my favorite team (Pistons, for example).

The mere fact that he even associates with these kind of people is enough that I, as a fan, would never want him to play for my team again.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Now Falcons fans know how I feel as a Ravens fan. :/

iirc, ESPN showed a backhoe out back and they showed them taking white boxes out...presumably filled with dog carcasses.

I'd think they would have also granted immunity to get some of the boys to flip. Vick is the big fish and its his house.

I get the feeling they have quite a bit of evidence.

Falcons released a statement

"We are disappointed that one of our players -- and therefore the Falcons -- is being presented to the public in a negative way, and we apologize to our fans and the community for that," the team said in a statement.

"Obviously, we are disturbed by today's news from Virginia," it said. "However, we are prepared to deal with it, and we will do the right thing for our club as the legal process plays out.

"We have a season to prepare for and training camp opens next week. Our plan is to continue to do everything we can to support our players and coaches,"

rollin through your neighborhood, middle finger up
    Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    I'm not a Vick fan, but you guys are getting a little ahead of yourselves. Let the indictment play out. Remember the Duke Lacross team? Everyone ripped them to shreds and they were found to be not guilty.

He could be truly guilty, but we don't know it yet.
    You have to consider that was an overzealous DA (or whatever) up for reelection who jumped to conclusions and ignored evidence. This inditement is federal, and they dont do that.

With that said, I hope Vick burns in hell if he had anything to do with this. Dog fighting is bad enough, but to kill the losing dogs like they did is insane.. just drop them off at a shelter or something. I have a pit bull that I took into my home to keep him from being a fighting dog. He is one of the two best loyal dogs I have ever owned and Ive had quite a few.

So vicious I tell ya:

So instead of training him to be a fighting dog, you're training him to be a head waiter?
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

Its amazing how shitty we treat animals. I guess the racing dogs in Florida that don't win or aren't good enough to race have a pretty dismal future. They aren't adopted that much (they are a lil funny looking) so sometimes they are just starved to death. whipets?

Human beings are really fucked up sometimes.

rollin through your neighborhood, middle finger up
    Quote Originally Posted by Zip Goshboots
    So instead of training him to be a fighting dog, you're training him to be a head waiter?
    Yeah, specifically like that commercial where the guy's dog gets him beer out of the fridge. Actually that was halloween.

Nice dog UxKa. Like the bowtie too.
    STEW BEEF!

look at this caca water, it's disgusting!
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure Vick's career as a Falcon is over.

And Jethro: the reason this is going to take a long time is that this indictment was just a very early step in the process. For the federal government to convene a grand jury to review evidence to see if a trial is even worthwhile is a big deal, but the lawyers from the Justice Department haven't even started building a case against him yet. And my guess is that they are reluctant to build a case at all, because they probably want him to testify against someone else.

This indictment is basically the first step in pressuring Vick to confess to something small in exchange for his cooperation...he's either going to have to cooperate enough to do major damage to the entire dogfighting underground in the US, or they're going to try to put him in jail. I'd say right now that it's about 50/50. So if this does go to trial, it's not going to be for a long time.

+ Reply to Thread