+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 20
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: The internet's best Michael Vick thread

or better yet, every time michael vick loses a game we should hang him. that seems fair.

and i wonder how clinton portis feels about slavery. how a reporter didnt throw that back in his face is beyond me.

I hope he gets whatever the maximum penalty is if he is guilty. If he truly participated in what has been alleged... He is a twisted, sick, demented ****!!!!!!!

I say we electricute him, then we slam him to the ground, then we hang him.

(voice from the back) "I say we let him go"

Then he gets up on the bar and dances to Tequila and his biker friends wish him well.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

Wow. I can't believe Jethro got me to laugh in this thread.
    STEW BEEF!

look at this caca water, it's disgusting!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fool
    Wow. I can't believe Jethro got me to laugh in this thread.

Blog Entries
    I never was a fan of Vick as a player to begin with, but now I've got reasons to hate the actual man. If of course this is true.

Ok, back to being serious.

I saw Roger Cosack on ESPN saying it would likely be a year or more before anything ever actually went down with this. WTF is wrong with our legal system?
    Stoney and Wojo were talking about this compared to Kobe. Ok, with Kobe there was the argument that the sex was consentual. I can see that, even if most people don't believe it.
    But this sort of thing, do they or do they not have a butt load of evidence including dead dogs, testimonies, and documents of ownership? If so, do NOT take your time. Bust his ass and put justice to work.

Meanwhile, I've seen people talking about Goodell likely going easy on him because he's all about nailing repeat offenders.
    They must be talking about repeating the exact same crime, because clearly picking up a hooker under the name Ron Mexico and taking drugs to the airport in your water bottle don't win you a Nobel Prize. This cat IS a repeat offender with no respect for the law and the league should act quickly if they don't want to be the laughing stock of sports.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

Blog Entries
    Looking at this purely from a sports perspective, which is the only way I can look at it because the reality of these deeds is too disgusting, I wonder how the Falcons fans are reacting to this?

More specifically, I wonder how many season ticket holders have called their offices and threatened to cancel?

We've all probably heard a lot of talking heads go on and on about how Arthur Blank is such a "man of conscience". If that is indeed true, I expect that that the minute that anything definitive comes out of this (an admission, for example), that they cut Vick immediately.

That has horrible "football" implications (re: cap hit and Joey being, well, Joey) but the alternative could really devastate this franchise (trying to make it work, holding onto him too long, etc).

Blank is in a terrible position. A portion of the public will want action NOW, but he really can't cut him now, until he's found guilty of the crimes (or, as I mentioned, he admits involvement).

One possibility would be to suspend him from the team with pay until this all plays out. He really can't take his pay without a verdict, IMO. That route allows them to keep him away from the team because of the "legal distraction".

While they can't say so publicly, I'm willing to bet that Blank knows that Vick has played his last game for the Falcons.
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Jethro34

Meanwhile, I've seen people talking about Goodell likely going easy on him because he's all about nailing repeat offenders.
    They must be talking about repeating the exact same crime, because clearly picking up a hooker under the name Ron Mexico and taking drugs to the airport in your water bottle don't win you a Nobel Prize. This cat IS a repeat offender with no respect for the law and the league should act quickly if they don't want to be the laughing stock of sports.

right. in one article i read it referred to ron as having a "relatively clean" rap sheet. huh? exactly how bad is the nfl if vick is relatively clean?

delays in the legal process aside, its a tough spot for falcons to be. the legue really cant do anything until the courts rule, the falcons cant cut because he makes way to much $ to be at all practical. their only option i guess is to ask him to take a leave of abscense till this is settled. which i think is what will happen. i gotta believe that it would be a PR nightmare for the league for vick to play next year.

like charles bakley said, theyre not role models. whether they should be or not is something else.

but to me there is a huge gap between the normal thuggish crimes that are the norm, which i attribute to immaturity and maybe just not being a good person, and even kobe being accused of rape, to this. michael vick is a sociopath. if i were a parent no way would i let my kids cheer for this guy. atleast not until he's paid his dues, recieved counselling, and has shown genuine remorse for his acts.

+ Reply to Thread