+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 20
FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: The internet's best Michael Vick thread

Blog Entries
    Dogs seized in Vick investigation face deadline, could be euthanized

Associated Press
    Updated: August 22, 2007, 9:58 PM ET

RICHMOND, Va. -- More than 50 pit bulls seized from Michael Vick's property face a Thursday deadline to be claimed. If no one comes forward, they could be euthanized.

Federal prosecutors filed court documents last month to condemn 53 pit bulls seized in April as part of the investigation into dogfighting on the Vick's property. No one has claimed any of the dogs, which are being held at several unspecified shelters in eastern Virginia, the U.S. Attorney's office said Wednesday.

The civil complaint filed by federal prosecutors does not name the Atlanta Falcons quarterback and is separate from the criminal case against him. But it does state the pit bulls were part of the dogfighting operation known as "Bad Newz Kennels," which Vick and three cohorts are accused of operating.

Also included in the document are detailed allegations about the nature of the animals' training regimen and the dogfights occurring at Vick's property at 1915 Moonlight Road in Surry County.

The government filed three public civil forfeiture notices in a Richmond newspaper to publicize the dogs' confiscation, and the deadline for claims is 30 days after the appearance of the final notice, filed July 24.

Federal prosecutors declined to comment Wednesday on the seized dogs. Typically, when confiscated property goes unclaimed, the government asks the court to have the items declared forfeited. In this case, U.S. District Judge Henry E. Hudson will make the final decision on the dogs' fate.

"There's no dispute over who owns the dogs," said Daphna Nachminovitch, a spokeswoman for People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals. "Obviously this is not going to be a process where someone steps forward and says, 'This is my dog, can I have her back, please?' "

Though Hudson, who also is handling Vick's criminal case, will determine what becomes of the pit bulls, Nachminovitch said that it's likely that they will be euthanized because they're not adoptable as pets.

"These dogs are a ticking time bomb," she said. "Rehabilitating fighting dogs is not in the cards. It's widely accepted that euthanasia is the most humane thing for them."

Vick, 27, said through a lawyer this week that he will plead guilty to a federal charge of conspiracy to travel in interstate commerce in aid of unlawful activities and conspiracy to sponsor a dog in an animal fighting venture. He is scheduled to enter his plea agreement Monday and could face up to five years in prison.

Three Vick associates have pleaded guilty to the conspiracy charge and agreed to testify against him if the case went to trial. They said Vick provided virtually all the gambling and operating funds for the Bad Newz Kennels enterprise. Two of them also said Vick participated in executing at least eight underperforming dogs by various means, including drowning and hanging.

The locations of the shelters holding the dogs haven't been disclosed out of concern that the animals could be stolen, Nachminovitch said.

"They are a hot commodity in the world of dogfighting," she said.
    Find a new slant.

I just read the NAACP wants the NFL to allow Vick back after his sentence. What does this have to do with race?
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

like just about everything, it has something to do about race. i dont have the stats to prove this, but i promise you if you polled peoples' opinions on the matter, there would be a stark difference between races. and regions, to be fair.

also, from glenn's article:

Though Hudson, who also is handling Vick's criminal case, will determine what becomes of the pit bulls, Nachminovitch said that it's likely that they will be euthanized because they're not adoptable as pets.

"These dogs are a ticking time bomb," she said. "Rehabilitating fighting dogs is not in the cards. It's widely accepted that euthanasia is the most humane thing for them."
    the article seems like its trying to play the 'state is absurd and hipocritical' card, but this really nails it on the head. pit bulls raised in ideal conditions are dangerous, but these guys? killers. no blame to the state for doing this. just more of vick's victims.

ESPN Jock Sniffer Mike Tirico is all over Vick: Tirico feels "sympathy" for his uncomfortable posture at his press conference; Tirico says Vick has given himself to Jesus since this happened; Tirico says peopl still want to see him play.
    Fuck Vick and Tirico. I could NEVER EVER have one ounce of sympathy for a guy who does something like this. Not for ANY reason. It's about time people in the press stop wanting to be the first one to interview this sociopath when he gets out of jail and call it for what it is: barbaric brutality and cruelty. The only kind of people who do this kind of shit are animals. Fucking worthless pieces of shit that no Jailhouse Conversion is going to save.
    Well, I guess that's one more Christian Warrior anyway. Maybe he'll get a show on TBN after MC HAmmer and that curly haired faggot Kurt Cameron.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

Blog Entries
    I have no sympathy for Vick at all. And like I said in this thread a while back, I never liked him as a player either, so it's a win-win situation to have him in bars AND off the football field.

Fuck Kirk Cameron.

Blog Entries
    3 years left until those Georgia Force Vick 7 jerseys come in!

rollin through your neighborhood, middle finger up
    Quote Originally Posted by b-diddy
    pit bulls raised in ideal conditions are dangerous, but these guys? killers.

My dog is not dangerous.

UxKa:
    Your dog may not be dangerous now, but Pit Bulls are known to flip. That's why they're the dogs sick fucks like Vick do this with. Many communities in this country are either trying, or have, made even having a pit bull illegal, let alone training them to eat each other.
    We all know someone who has a pit bull that's just a lovely cuddly ball of fluffy fun, hell, some people even have pit bulls that can drive a car and buy groceries, that's how great they are.
    Then there is the reality that they are flat out dangerous dogs.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

Just 2 things:

1. I feel no sympathy for Vick, but I would like to think that he was sincere in what he said yesterday and that he could actually become a decent person in time because of this. I'm still a moronic idealist who finds hope that people (even if it's just 0.00001%) can learn from their mistakes and all the horrible shit they've done and be able to do something about that and actually rise above just being a piece of shit the rest of their lives. But I have to admit that I also hope, as you've all mentioned already, that it doesn't necessarily have to come with the finding and the later continuous, overbearing preaching of religion.

2. I think there's no doubt that Pit Bulls in general as a breed have been shown to be much more dangerous than any other breed and it has to be addressed at some point. I honestly don't know if illegalization is the answer or what answer there should be, but even though there are tons of people who do have Pit Bulls that have never caused any problems (just the opposite) the fact remains that it is a breed with a more inherent violent nature.

ive heard many a story from pitbull owners that ended with "i dont know what happened. he was such a great dog before this." good luck with yours uxka, but pitbulls are more prone to violence.

as for vick, if its true that he did alot more than just fight dogs (ie sadistic executions) he'll probably never redeem himself in my eyes. fighting dogs is one thing, the stories i read about him are another.

+ Reply to Thread