+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11
FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Kevin Durant will be one of the greatest of all time.

i buy it 100%. neither is coming out... unless they win a championship. and even then, maybe not. i know that this is typical talk, and i guess i should read the articles to get more context. but oden, atleast, obviously loves college, and i think durant does too. basically by staying in, they might be costing themselves some money. but jordan made more money then anyone, and he came out late. i think it'd be probable that oden would make more money over his career than dwight howard. who's a bigger name right now, oden or howard?

Blog Entries
    Jordan didn't "make more money than anyone". He actually was highly underpaid most of his career, and then the Bulls gave him a huge "make good".

Kevin Garnett will make more money during his career than anyone else will for a long time. KG got in young, and more importantly, under the old CBA that yielded him (and others like Juwan Howard) monstrous deals.

KG has one more huge deal left in him, too.

These young kids (Oden, Durant) would already be wrapping up year one of their rookie deals if Stern hadn't banished them to a token year in school.

Don't kid yourself, they'll both be in the draft. The clock is ticking.
    Find a new slant.

i'd bet any number of alpacas atleast one isnt in the draft. and it is kinda irrelivent to bring up K's under the old cba, but jordan was making 40+ million at the end. but thats not what i was reffering to. the money is in the endorsments. jordan was a poster child because he earned everyone's respect in college, olypmpics, and ultimately with nba championships. durant and oden will have something lebron will never have. im not saying they'll out earn him, but i wont be surprised in 15/20 years when theyre all out of the nba if the college guys ultimately have a star still rising while maybe lebron is more of a kobe.

Oden

Oden's in. WOTS is he isn't going to class. 7 hours, one of which is the 4 credit hour "History of Rock & Roll". OMIGOD!!

thats a legit class. i took history of the 60's, and a history of music (which included the beatles). i dont know, i dont think you can be a student athlete without being a fulltime student (12 credits minimum), so that rumour might not be true. or maybe you can, idk. im not going to back down. he's sticking it out in osu, one, maybe more years.

Common sense says that both of these guys enter the draft and make millions next year. After that potentially career threatening injury to Livingstone on what looked like a fluke play, no way does anyone take the risk to enjoy the college lifestyle.

I'm wondering if the people in this thread that thought I was jumping the gun with my bold prediction weeks into the season are now changing their minds-?

Oden said "He's not NBA ready".. Hmmm, why would he make such a statement?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeMyers
    Oden said "He's not NBA ready".. Hmmm, why would he make such a statement?
    Is that Oden on Oden, or Oden on Durant?

If it is Oden on Oden, he would say that to keep from being alienated from his teammates/fans during the tournament.

It would be a pretty dumb thing for him to say the opposite right now, even if it was true.

If it is Oden on Durant, then Greg is just being a bitch.
    Find a new slant.

It was Oden on Oden. I gotta say that I love that kid. He's a 7 foot freaking stud who is humble, loves the college game/life, and wants to improve.

But on the other hand, I reeeeeeally hope he goes to the L. I don't want to see him and OSU beat down the Big Ten anymore.

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

+ Reply to Thread