+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Kevin Durant will be one of the greatest of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    Reminds me of KG, with more range.
    Not a bad comparison, but KG can't take people off the dribble and he doesn't offer a smooth spin move.

Athleticism

Durant is 6'9", has huge range, and is very skilled. He is a bit on the skinny side but as long as works hard in the weight room he should be alright. However, Durant is not the kind of athlete that Jordan, Bryant, McGrady, James, Garnett, Wade, Anthony etc. are/were. Durant is going to be a star, but an all-time great? I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by ridge84
    Durant is 6'9", has huge range, and is very skilled. He is a bit on the skinny side but as long as works hard in the weight room he should be alright. However, Durant is not the kind of athlete that Jordan, Bryant, McGrady, James, Garnett, Wade, Anthony etc. are/were. Durant is going to be a star, but an all-time great? I doubt it.
    I guess we'll have to wait and see. Even though Anthony was amazing in college and I was begging the Pistons to take him, I am more impressed with Durant as a freshman. More impressed with him than I was with Wade in college too. Keep in mind Wade and Anthony were absolutely sick, don't get me wrong.

i'll just throw this here, i went to the osu/nw'ern game last night (nominate NW for worst campus in the big ten), mostly just to see oden.

like seemingly everyone else, im a fan of the 1 year rule. selfish reasons, mostly, cuz its real cool to see these guys dominate ncaa rather than sit on the bench in the nba. i also believe even 1 year living away at college can be a huge maturation for an 18 year old.

however, watching the game last night i almost felt bad for oden (not really. he's probably having an unbelievable year, and soon he'll have 9 digits in the bank). as far as developmental purposes go, i doubt he's getting too much out of this year. on offense, his guards dont hardly look to him at all (even if he's worked hard to get in position). on defense, northwestern didnt challenge him once, i think. they literally did not go into the paint. even though his mere presence obviously was the biggest factor in the game, he definitly was not the game's main actor. as far as where he should be playing basketball, i think clearly he belongs in the nba right now. this has probably been a wasted year development wise.

still, i liked watching him shoot ft's with the left hand (lets see durant play with the off arm for 4 months), and pretty much every rebound anywhere near him is his. i like durant, but a team could not pass on oden.

rollin through your neighborhood, middle finger up
    The NW campus is horrible, been to a couple football games there. I like the one-year rule because highschool mentality is so far from the real world. When I was young enough to feel right dating an 18 year old, it was only 18 year olds who were out of highschool because of the mentality. Totally different. So I think its good that guys have to spend a year in college just to get a clue on how life works, not that college is real life but its hella different from highschool. As far as Oden, its also good because he would be doubly rotting on the bench due to his wrist, so at least he can work that out in college. You are right though, his guards dont look at him most of the time and I think if he had a different group of players to work with he would be having a much better season. I noticed during the UW/OSU game though, that he was a non-factor. UW has a lot of bigs and he was pretty lazy in that game, got boxed out a lot and just didnt make an impact. UW wasnt scared to go at him either and he didnt do much anyway. His one year in college might actually be hurting his draft status considering a guy like Durant is lurking in the shadows. Smart teams will be looking at heart, and I havent seen much from Oden aside from learning to shoot left-handed.

Quote Originally Posted by b-diddy
    i'll just throw this here, i went to the osu/nw'ern game last night (nominate NW for worst campus in the big ten), mostly just to see oden.

like seemingly everyone else, im a fan of the 1 year rule. selfish reasons, mostly, cuz its real cool to see these guys dominate ncaa rather than sit on the bench in the nba. i also believe even 1 year living away at college can be a huge maturation for an 18 year old.

however, watching the game last night i almost felt bad for oden (not really. he's probably having an unbelievable year, and soon he'll have 9 digits in the bank). as far as developmental purposes go, i doubt he's getting too much out of this year. on offense, his guards dont hardly look to him at all (even if he's worked hard to get in position). on defense, northwestern didnt challenge him once, i think. they literally did not go into the paint. even though his mere presence obviously was the biggest factor in the game, he definitly was not the game's main actor. as far as where he should be playing basketball, i think clearly he belongs in the nba right now. this has probably been a wasted year development wise.

still, i liked watching him shoot ft's with the left hand (lets see durant play with the off arm for 4 months), and pretty much every rebound anywhere near him is his. i like durant, but a team could not pass on oden.
    I agree, I think I may have mentioned something about OSU's offense hurting Oden above. Can't remember. Anyways, I agree. OSU's guards just jack up shot after shot and Oden does not get the ball enough. He should have 20 a game just on his physical dominance alone. There are so many game that I see he was like 7 of 9 from the floor. 9 shots?!

Okay, Durant had 37 pts and 24 rebounds last night. Can anyone remember the last college basketball player let alone freshman to put numbers up like this? He did it on the road against Texas Tech too. It's not like it was against Midd. Tennessee St. or something.

I stand by my prediction, Durant will be one of the greatest of all time. Homeboy is sick.

24 rebounds in college is pretty darn good. 24 rebounds in the NBA is amazing, and that's with longer games too. I haven't seen TT this year, but Knight coaches hard bball too, so I suspect TT is a pretty good rebounding team as well.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    24 rebounds in college is pretty darn good. 24 rebounds in the NBA is amazing, and that's with longer games too. I haven't seen TT this year, but Knight coaches hard bball too, so I suspect TT is a pretty good rebounding team as well.
    You're right, Texas Tech is a pretty good team this year. They have a few signature wins, one against Kansas I believe. I honestly don't remember the last time I saw a kid record 20+ rebounds in a college game. Then you add 37 pts to it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn on 1/18/07
    Reminds me of KG, with more range.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad Ford, yesterday
    I like to describe him as "Kevin Garnett with a jump shot"
    So what is Chad's WTF screenname? lol
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread