+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Kevin Durant will be one of the greatest of all time.

Kevin Durant will be one of the greatest of all time.

I don't know if many of you have had the time to check out Kevin Durant this year. For those who haven't, he's a 6'8-6'9 Freshman for Texas. While Oden gets all of the hype and will be the #1 pick in next year's NBA Draft, I believe Durant deserves just as much praise.

There is absolutely nothing this kid can't do. He's averaging 24 pts and 10 boards. That was before he dropped 37 pts and 15 rebs on #14 OSU last night. He can beat defenders off the dribble with silky smooth moves, he is lights out from behind the three point line, he can post defenders up and has a perfect right handed half hook, and he can rebound very well.

The last guy I saw this dominant in college basketball was Melo and he has Melo beat. He is better as a freshman than Melo was as a freshman. If Durant was at North Carolina or Duke, he'd be getting covers of magazines right now. Mark it down now, Kevin Durant will not only be a great NBA player, but he will be one of the greatest players in NBA history.

I saw him once this year. He wasn't dominant, but I saw him make some plays that were great and also saw how gifted he is athletically. He definately has that rare combination of size and speed like KG. It's really just a matter of him doing the right things to fully utilize his talent. If he has the will, he will be a beast.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Quote Originally Posted by DrTre11
    Mark it down now, Kevin Durant will not only be a great NBA player, but he will be one of the greatest players in NBA history.
    WOW, very bold. Dude can ball, but eeeeeasy playa.

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

Thats fair, he can make a claim, kid is unnaturally gifted and seems to have the drive to be a star. Or maybe he's Darius Miles.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodini31
    WOW, very bold. Dude can ball, but eeeeeasy playa.
    Just remember that I said it. I'm calling it a third into his freshman year of college. I can't think of a single player to compare him to. Sooo unbelievably smooth and so good in the clutch. I'm putting myself out there, I think I will be right.

Quote Originally Posted by DrTre11
    Just remember that I said it. I'm calling it a third into his freshman year of college. I can't think of a single player to compare him to. Sooo unbelievably smooth and so good in the clutch. I'm putting myself out there, I think I will be right.
    TMac or Rashard Lewis with clutchness rather than anti-clutchness.

Mark Dantonio - MSU Head Coach

http://www.freerice.com

He kind of looks like a poor-man's Chris Bosh without the back to the basket game. He would have to be on a team that really fits his style for him to be an all-time great. He obviously has crazy talent, but he also needs to get pointed to the weight room if he wants to play against the likes of Dwight Howard, Bosh, Dirk, Shaq, Garnett, Duncan and Jason Maxiell (I can wish can't I)

Durant doesn't need to hit the weights, he just needs to spend a few months with an NBA team with proper food, weights, training. I believe he is further along right now than TMAC was, i see him as the skills of mcgrady with a healthy back. The kid is the real deal, I would debate taking him #1.
    Destiny

the kid is getting more hype than oden lately. i've only seen him play a little. i dont think forecasting him to be a great, even all-time great, right now is a stretch. but there have been alot of rediculous talents that didnt amount to anything.

Quote Originally Posted by FillyCheezeSteak
    He kind of looks like a poor-man's Chris Bosh without the back to the basket game. He would have to be on a team that really fits his style for him to be an all-time great. He obviously has crazy talent, but he also needs to get pointed to the weight room if he wants to play against the likes of Dwight Howard, Bosh, Dirk, Shaq, Garnett, Duncan and Jason Maxiell (I can wish can't I)
    You might want to check him out a little more. He does have a back to the basket game and no offense, but I don't think the Bosh comparison is even close. Bosh doesn't play like a guard with off the dribble moves and three point shooting like Durant. Durant is a guard with some post skills.

+ Reply to Thread