+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5
FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: 360 Degrees - XBox Live Rollcall

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Douche Baggins
    Why'd you change?
    I actually changed it back in March.

I think it was because I created a new account to get the free month of gold before I renewed my gold subscription.

my x box got the 3 ring of death thing, now it is at the microsoft headquarters, buncha garbage

Quote Originally Posted by gusman
    my x box got the 3 ring of death thing, now it is at the microsoft headquarters, buncha garbage
    I signed on to the internet the other day and the news page that popped up said that Microsoft had solved the "RROD" problem. Anyone else see that?

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Speaking with Edge-Online, Microsoft's Aaron Greenberg says that the worst days of the Xbox 360 "Red Ring of Death" fiasco are now behind them - or so they hope.

For all that Microsoft succeeded with the Xbox 360 - successfully challenging established and entrenched competitors, truly bringing online gaming to the living room, among others - the console's legacy will be forever tarnished by the "Red Ring of Death": The three red lights that warn gamers of a critical hardware failure.

To its credit, the company announced a fiscally painful plan to try and save face, promising an extended warranty to any Xbox 360s that suffered from the dreaded three lights. Even after allotting approximately $1.1 billion USD, reports and anecdotes abounded about supposedly "fixed" refurbished 360s that worked fine for a while - before RRODing again.

However, Greenberg is confident that the Redmond-based computer giant has isolated the problem, and that the new "Jasper" hardware should be much less prone to failure. Any 360 units that are returned to the company with RROD problems will have their hardware upgraded to the latest model, says Greenberg:

"...What we do in general, the way that it works, is that they will fix it with the latest [hardware] improvements that we've applied [to current Xbox 360s]. Obviously we're continuously improving the technology inside the box, not to get too technical. So they'll apply that when they make the increments to your system."

While it's nice to see some optimism about the situation, I can only hope that Greenberg is telling the truth - if my 360 happens to croak on me while I'm hankering for some Street Fighter IV? There will be hell to pay, oh yes.
    You coulda changed xbox to vista and RROD to glitchy features w/o having to change the article. Maybe they are telling truth THIS TIME.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Detro1tRockC1ty

Dwightfromsales

going to go pick up Resident Evil 5 today

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizzle
    Dwightfromsales
    lol

+ Reply to Thread