+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 32
1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 2007 College Football

2007 College Football

Well, since Jethro started the 07 Heisman thread, why not talk about the season too.

I was watching SportsCenter tonight and Herbstreit had Michigan at #4 for next year, Desmond Howard had Big Blue at #5, and Corso had them at #3.

Here's rivals (way) early 2007 top 25. (If you're lazy, Michigan is #2.)

http://www.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=627579

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

Before long someone is really going to rip on us and suggest starting the 2014 Heisman thread. (by the way, the early favorite is Darnell Rogers from Macon, GA - he's only 14 right now, but he's already 6'1" and runs a 4.47 40)

So Mood, who else did the Sportscenter crew have in the top 5?
    We had subs. It was crazy.

good article by Wojo about Big Ten style of play:

Get up to speed, Big Ten!

In the aftermath of a truly unsettling bowl season, it's fair to ask the question that has gnawed at Big Ten fans for a long time. Actually, it has gnawed for about a week, but it's gnawing deeply.
    What must Michigan and Ohio State do to keep up with the Boise States of the world?
    I joke. (Not completely.)
    http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll...20/1004/SPORTS
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jethro34
    Before long someone is really going to rip on us and suggest starting the 2014 Heisman thread. (by the way, the early favorite is Darnell Rogers from Macon, GA - he's only 14 right now, but he's already 6'1" and runs a 4.47 40)

So Mood, who else did the Sportscenter crew have in the top 5?
    hahaha. Jethro, if that info is real, that is freaking awesome.

The teams that were most commonly mentioned from the guys were USC, LSU, Florida, and Michigan. Kirk threw in Rutgers, WTF? and Desmond had West Virginia.

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

Blog Entries
    What if Boise goes undefeated again?
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    What if Boise goes undefeated again?
    who's on their schedule next year? I know they usually play Oregon State, but that's not a great team. If they played a top 4-5 team (conference rank, not NCAA rank) from the SEC/Big 10/Big12/ACC and ran the tables they would deserve a shot IMO.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Put me down for a prediction for Lloyd to return to normal and blow three games by the time OSU rolls into town so the victory over a completely depleted OSU '07 squad will make him seem like a hero again.
    Don't these guys ever learn? Every year, they install UM into the top ten or five, and every year UM ends up in the toilet.
    I'm becoming a little more interested every day as to what is going on in East Lansing.
    I mean, we KNOW how the Lloyd Story is going to turn out, don't we?
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

Blog Entries
    After Monday, at least we don't have to read about Tressel from you for a while do we Zip?
    Find a new slant.

What's wrong with Tressel pulling an occassional Lloyd?
    Yes, I and 90% of America thought Tressel would get it done. But, there IS still that funny little thing about him beating Lloyd 5 out of 6, and three in a row.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodini31
    Well, since Jethro started the 07 Heisman thread, why not talk about the season too.

I was watching SportsCenter tonight and Herbstreit had Michigan at #4 for next year, Desmond Howard had Big Blue at #5, and Corso had them at #3.

Here's rivals (way) early 2007 top 25. (If you're lazy, Michigan is #2.)

http://www.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=627579
    This is why some of you Michigan fans drive me absolutely NUTS. I'm all for starting whatever thread you want. I've said that before, if you don't like it don't read it.

HOWEVER, Moodini I believe you ripped on me late in the football season for it "always being about bball during fball season." And I know several others like Filly who have always ripped me for this. And then you go and start a freaking 2007 Football thread in January?????!!!!!!!! Are you serious? You gave me crap for talking bball 2 wks before the first exhibition game! And you want to talk Michigan football 8 freaking months before the season starts?

I sound like a broken record but it fits. Why are so many UM fans hypocrites?!

+ Reply to Thread