+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Auto show

Auto show

Lived in Detroit all my life and have never been to it. Can you check out cars with ease or are their long lines? Is it worth it? Where do I park?

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    I've parked on the Cobo Roof when I've gone without too many hassles. But, I've rarely attended the show during general admission and haven't gone since 2003, so take FWIW.

I used to go every year but got sick of the crowds. We went on the weekends and it is PACKED. It's hard to get close to the cars (at least the really cool ones). The show itself is really cool and they have a lot to see. But I would reccomend trying to go at an odd time when the place won't be packed. Also pay attention to any possible wings games to make sure you don't go when the lots are even more full (they are out west, but they are back on Saturday).

If you can go when the place isn't as packed it's worth the admission.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Thanks for the advice. The only time I can go would be the weekend so I guess I'll just go to the Troy motor mall

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMyers
    Thanks for the advice. The only time I can go would be the weekend so I guess I'll just go to the Troy motor mall
    you might be able to avoid crowds if you go early enough too.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMyers
    Sunday morning is the best time if you can't do a weekday.

Laugh at the churchies.

Mark Dantonio - MSU Head Coach

http://www.freerice.com

I'm getting free tickets so I will brave it tomorrow. Where should I park?

I went wednesday and it was so amazingly empty. I figured with Webber's first game and the wings hosting Nashville that it would be smaller crowds. I was shocked at the ease I walked up to everything. From now on I would reccomend going while games are taking place. We parked in the lot under jefferson (in front of hart plaza) and it was almost empty. Cost us 5 bucks and it was only a couple blocks to walk.

I went on Saturday. Parked in Greektown and took the people mover. It was a little busy but by the time I was leaving it was starting to get packed. I thought they would have more concept cars but I guess not.

Its that time of the year again.

+ Reply to Thread