+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Lions Trade Rumor: #2 Overall and Dre Bly for Clinton Portis and #6 Overall

Lions Trade Rumor: #2 Overall and Dre Bly for Clinton Portis and #6 Overall

Dre Bly, #2 Overall Pick and a 3rd Round Pick for Clinton Portis, #6 Overall and a 6th Round Pick.

bs. no way we're even thinking in those terms this far away from the draft. if millen were to trade the #2 at anytime other than draft day, every person in the metro detroit area should be allowed to kick him in the balls once, and twice if they actually like the lions.

rollin through your neighborhood, middle finger up
    If its from source, it could be a sign that Jones isnt going to be back by game time. I told you guys that I had a similar injury to my foot three years ago and I cant even play bball on a playground level anymore. I hope thats not the case for Jones, but this could be an indication of such a thing. I think it still sucks because that probably takes them out of the Joe Thomas hunt, and OLine should be a priority for you guys.

This trade shouldn't even be made on draft day. I like the idea of signing a vet RB is great, but I wouldn't trade for a Pro Bowl guy like Clinton Portis unless we were planning on getting rid of one of them when they get back. Having two complimentary backs on the roster is one thing, but having two similar guys that are both workhorse backs would be a waste, plus then who do we have at the corners? Unless they're getting a star corner somewhere, this is a stupid trade.

Like everyone else, I need to know if this is actually a rumor, if so from where, or if it is just one persons idea. Until I know that I (and seemingly most others) don't want to waste time breaking it down.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

why would we trade for a feature RB and not move KJ? No way.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

It would also be ironic that Washington would give up Portis for Bly when they gave up maybe the best db in the league in Champ Baily to get Portis in the first place. There are the exchange of picks but its stil weird.

I actually got this off of NFL DC forums. Apparently some dude mentioned this on a radio station.

Here is the link to the original thread I got this from: http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...asc&highlight=

Isn't Clinton Portis injured more than Charles Rogers collarbone?
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

+ Reply to Thread