+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 34
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Baker Insider: Keith Nichol

Im not going to doubt your story,......He either must be hiding this real well or its the same ol internet "rumor".....Since im new,ill give you the benifit of the doubt,unlike you did to me in another thread
    Last edited by tommyz; 12-18-2006 at 07:26 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zip Goshboots
    I know that if I'm Dantonio, I know the kid has a heart for Sparty. He's been wanting to lead them into 5th or 6th place in the Big 10 for his entire life.
    You might not be able to discuss anything in a serious manner whatsoever, (hey, message boards need all kinds) but oh my god that's funny.
    Find a new slant.

Sounds to me like Dantonio is floating this one. He's hoping Bob Stoops calls Nichol up and says something about it, calls him a liar, a sneak, and the next thing you know:
    BAM! Nichol is a Sparty.
    I definitely smell a rat.

Au Contraire Goshbootz. Dantonio has taken the tack of "I'm concentrating on peeps that want to be Spartans." When Nichol canceled his official visit to East Lansing the weekend after getting back from "Hooterville, Ok" Dantonio thanked him for calling and congratulated Nichol for picking up the phone himself to say "thanks but no thanks". Dantonio has moved on as evidenced by the shoe leather worn out the last two weeks in his home state O-HI-O.
    <BR> <BR>
    Of course there are diehards on the Rivals board that are all, "Well Keith's lil' bro' is gonna' be the QB next fall in Lowell. The family is close. How will the parents see both play?"......Hell are you kidding me? Stoops will have "Oilguy's" Lear all gassed up and ready to swoop down on that cornfield near the Nichol house for the "door to door". No tip neccessary..........Then this is my favorite....."But Keith has had a longtime relationship with his local squeeze???". .....Really? Haven't we seen that movie before? Each and every one of us with the "love of my life AT FIFTEEN" happy horseschmitt. I'm thinking hey, "there's girls in Oklahoma too!!!" Who knew?
    <BR> <BR>
    Dantonio has moved on. Time for Spartanfan to do the same.

Hip dig it!:
    Are you doubting that Keith has found TRUE LOVE in the cornfields of Lowell?
    She just may be "The One"! Wouldn't that be romantic? AND, what if, in the end, Nichol just can't pull himself away from the homecoming queen and play in Oklahoma?
    On another note, Dantonio has moved on. He knows this scene, has probably seen it played out a million times. Hell, in today's day and age, dantonio is recruiting kids who are well on their way to making their own rendition of "Eight is Enough".
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

Eight is enough

As long as they don't out like that little shit with the bangs Dantonio will be allright.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny
    Isn't your cousin going to be pretty pissed when every oklahoma message board is talking about this in about 3 weeks? Why would you turn around and post this on here after being specifically asked to keep it quiet?
    My cous didn't tell me to keep it quiet, he said Nichol is trying to keep it quiet. He didn't care if we discussed it figuring it will all come out in time.

I'm going to take Vinny's side on this and say that, at the very least, the IMPLICATION of silence was clear.
    Nichol could have gone to Oklahoma, and when he got to the field for the first day of practice, slipped on something and pretended to hurt his arm then and there.
    Butnow, the cat is out of the bag, and Stoops is probably sending a private jet to Fayetteville, Arkansas loaded with cash and jewlery as we speak.

I'm going to take Vinny's side on this and say that, at the very least, the IMPLICATION of silence was clear.
    Nichol could have gone to Oklahoma, and when he got to the field for the first day of practice, slipped on something and pretended to hurt his arm then and there.
    Butnow, the cat is out of the bag, and Stoops is probably sending a private jet to Fayetteville, Arkansas loaded with cash and jewlery as we speak.
    I could care less if Nichol wants his injury quiet. My cous had no problem telling me about it and didn't care who I told.

Nichol didn't show any sort of commitment to his word when he commited to State, so I could care less if he doesn't want his injury exposed. He's the one not being honest, so I have no reason to protect some kid who decommited and is now not being honest with a coach who is devoting alot of time and a scholarship to him.

You were the one who hurt him weren't you Tre? You've already shown us you have a connection to the kid through your cousin. You were pissed about his decision to go to OU. You wanted to help your new coach look good and you wanted another scoop.

Means, motive, opportunity brother. Where were you Sept. 4th?
    STEW BEEF!

Well, seriously now: This is one of the most important decisions a kid can make, and we're all up in arms because he had a little confusion over it, and is making a choice that he feels best about.
    We think nothing of a coach who leaves school A in the middle of a friggin' contract to take another job, so why should Nichol be held to a higher standard, especially at his age?

+ Reply to Thread