+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 34
FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Baker Insider: Keith Nichol

Quote Originally Posted by cccsdad
    I've also noticed, on the front page your headline reads..

"Keith Nichol Hiding an Injury from OU?"

If this story, is 100% true, as YOU'VE claimed, why the ? at the end????

Shouldn't it read...

Keith Nichol Hiding an Injury from OU!
    I don't own this website and I don't run the front page. The owner put my story there douche bag. I don't care if you believe the story or not. You obviously have obsession issues and no life. Go away, nobody wants you here.

You are officially on ignore, so don't bother posting anything to me. I won't see it.

So, you don't think the Big 10 plays under the same rules?
    The conference championships are a conference by conference call, man!
    The coaches don't like 'em, the players don't like 'em, they are just there as a money grab.
    In fact, conference championship games are played by CHEATS!!!
    They do it to give their conference another game and exposure. There is no NCAA rule governing them, only that you have to have 12 teams in a conference to have them.
    I commend the Big 10 and the Pac 10 for not having conference championships. Each conference would have to add more teams, and that is a process that has to be more well thought out.
    Personally, I don't see the Big 12 lasting a whole lot longer. There has been talk of Missouri or iowa State leaving for the Big 10, and Nebraska has a hard one for getting out because they were shafted by the Big 12 regarding rules and regualtions that the conference instituted, mainly to please the Texas schools who recruit mostly dummies and illiterates. Colorado has never stopped talking to the Pac 10 about possibly joining that conference.
    The Big 12 has issues, bud. The Big 10 is stable and has more tradition in its foreskin than the Big 12 will ever have, and more recognition and pull in the college football world.
    It's laughable that the egos who created this conference have not seen it blow up like they thought it would. They inhereited alot of shit from the Big 8, and killed one of the best rivalries of all time (Nebraska v Oklahoma) to accomodate the texas schools. It's crap.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Zip Goshboots
    The coaches don't like 'em, the players don't like 'em, they are just there as a money grab.
    They do it to give their conference another game and exposure. There is no NCAA rule governing them, only that you have to have 12 teams in a conference to have them.
    I commend the Big 10 and the Pac 10 for not having conference championships. Each conference would have to add more teams, and that is a process that has to be more well thought out.
    Personally, I don't see the Big 12 lasting a whole lot longer. There has been talk of Missouri or iowa State leaving for the Big 10, and Nebraska has a hard one for getting out because they were shafted by the Big 12 regarding rules and regualtions that the conference instituted, mainly to please the Texas schools who recruit mostly dummies and illiterates. Colorado has never stopped talking to the Pac 10 about possibly joining that conference.
    The Big 12 has issues, bud. The Big 10 is stable and has more tradition in its foreskin than the Big 12 will ever have, and more recognition and pull in the college football world.
    It's laughable that the egos who created this conference have not seen it blow up like they thought it would. They inhereited alot of shit from the Big 8, and killed one of the best rivalries of all time (Nebraska v Oklahoma) to accomodate the texas schools. It's crap.

The fact is this, OSU didn't play Wisconsin this year, and didn't have to beat UM twice to win the Big 10. The extra game only helps you if your a team like NU with 3 losses, it gives you a chance at a BCS.

Quote Originally Posted by DrTre11
    I don't own this website and I don't run the front page. The owner put my story there douche bag. I don't care if you believe the story or not. You obviously have obsession issues and no life. Go away, nobody wants you here.

You are officially on ignore, so don't bother posting anything to me. I won't see it.

I hope everyone took notice that Tre STILL has not said why he didn't ask his source, how he was injured.

The fact that the Big 12 is a conference which is usually lopsided helps also. Nebraska was the "North" champion, and the runner up to them had, I believe, 16 losses.
    But that's the story of the "big" 12: It's a league where the divisions are out of balance. There is only one team in the North with a semblance of tradition and name recognition, and that team, Nebraska, has had 6,4, and so far 4 losses the last three years. In fact, before the three year streak I so adroitly just referenced (off the top of my head and without the aid of Google), they had a three loss season preceeded by a SEVEN loss season.
    I know, your'e going to have an orgasm because Nebraska accomplished something last year that only five teams managed: To beat Michigan.
    But I don't think that that Alamo Bowl victory will be something Big 12 fans will walk around with boners over.

The fact that the Big 12 is a conference which is usually lopsided helps also. Nebraska was the "North" champion, and the runner up to them had, I believe, 16 losses.
    But that's the story of the "big" 12: It's a league where the divisions are out of balance. There is only one team in the North with a semblance of tradition and name recognition, and that team, Nebraska, has had 6,4, and so far 4 losses the last three years. In fact, before the three year streak I so adroitly just referenced (off the top of my head and without the aid of Google), they had a three loss season preceeded by a SEVEN loss season.
    I know, your'e going to have an orgasm because Nebraska accomplished something last year that only five teams managed: To beat Michigan.
    But I don't think that that Alamo Bowl victory will be something Big 12 fans will walk around with boners over.
    I'm not arguing over who has the better conference, I'm saying that the Big10 doesn't have a conference championship game, and the SEC, Big12, ACC, Big East, do. It' s not an even playing field. I think all leagues should have a conf champ game, or none of them should. I'm not arguing which league is better. Some years the Big10 is and some years the Big 12 is. Why do you keep trying to turn this into a Big10 vs Big12 debate. This is a conf champ game vs non conf champ game. If it will make you feel any better, let's apply this logic to the SEC vs Pac 10

As I"ve already stated, the Big12 has played in 5 of the last 6 BCS championship games, far more than any other conference.
    Texas, Nebraska and Oklahoma have just as much if not more tradition than Michigan, OSU and PSU. That argument is a wash.

The Pac10 and the Big10 don't play champ games, because they know it could hender their ability to get to the BCS champ game. So, when I hear Michigan crying because Florida was chosen to play THE OSU, I have no sympathy for them.

No, they don't play championship games because they don't have enough teams.

Oklahoma football didn't exist before 1950. Nebraska football was an afterthought before 1970. What they have done since is certainly an amazing story, especially Nebraska. They have no business winning national championships, especially 5 in 27 years. I'll give you Texas. No argument. But as a conference, the "big" 12 is bullshit. Were they visionary, or were they arrogant?
    Right now they are scrambling in the face of the Big 10 starting up its own network. They have no options. Their original commissioner had a beef with ESPN, and consequently they were banished to something called Fox SR, which brings back memories of pre cable UHF being your home base for television. On the other hand, ESPN and the Big 10 made love, got married, and have lived happily ever after. Even where I live, the local cable provider broadcasts Big 10 Football "Game of the Week".
    You are certainly right in bragging about the Big 12 playing in five of the last six national championships. You can't "spin" away from that. AND, the Big 12 has won two of them, both, I believe, against favored teams. That is commendable. But my argument is that the "big" 12 doesn't match the Big 10 in recognition and tradition as a whole. It remains to be seen if it can maintain what it has done, and even if it can stay together.

I lost my train of thought, because I had to go get another beer and take a leak, so now I'll address some of your other points.
    These conference championship games cannot be used to support any argument about conference strength. Nor can they be used as a source for the argument that your conference has a bigger dick than any other conference.
    Why? I'll tell you why: They were created by conferences that were lacking in appeal and money. The "big" 12 was created because football in that part of the country was dead. Texas was shit. Oklahoma was, well, the shit of shit. The two premier programs of the armpit of the country (The central plains down to the Mexican border) had fallen off the map. The only team worth a shit was Nebraska. THe Southwest Conference had lost Arkansas, had the SMU debacle, and the Big 8 was dead.
    As for the SEC, they were busy jumping up and down screaming like little girls telling us how great they were, yet every year EVERY team in that conference had three losses.
    And, had anyone even HEARD of ACC or Big East football?
    Meanwhile, the Big 10 made breaking news by adding Penn State, and it had the Rose Bowl tie in with the PAC 10, which, no matter what went on elsewhere, EVERYBODY watched.
    So what's the conclusion?
    The Big 10 rules. If not technically, then theoretically. But perception is reality, and ESPN had the "Timeclock" running for UM vs OSU, and no other game, and at no other time, EVER.
    Deal with it.

+ Reply to Thread