+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 34
1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Baker Insider: Keith Nichol

Baker Insider: Keith Nichol

I've been pretty lucky lately to come across some nice inside information. I've got more today and it involves Elite 11 Quarterback Keith Nichol of Lowell, Michigan.

As many of you know, Nichol is one of the nation's finest quarterbacks. He committed early to Michigan State. After a poor MSU season, USC and Oklahoma came a calling. Nichol decided to decommit and go with Oklahoma. Nichol's insider reasoning was MSU's poor season and the ability to start from Day 1 at OU.

Well, Nichol seriously injured his arm/elbow on his throwing arm just recently. He is trying to keep the injury a secret. His classmates and some of his closest friends do not even know about the injury. He wears it in a sling when he is not around others and he's trying to keep the injury a secret from OU.

Nichol is very worried about the injury and the seriousness of the situation. He doesn't know whether or not he'll be ready at the start of next year. He currently is working with a baseball pitching coach after school trying to gain his arm strength back and regain the motion in his arm. This could effect his stance with OU especially with Mustain rumors flying around.

Just thought this would interest some here.

Sounds to me like Dantonio is floating this one. He's hoping Bob Stoops calls Nichol up and says something about it, calls him a liar, a sneak, and the next thing you know:
    BAM! Nichol is a Sparty.
    I definitely smell a rat.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

Just curious.............but why would USC be recruiting Nichol? They received two early committments from top California QB's (One 4* and one 3*). They missed out on Forcier and Claussen and both Kiffin and Sarkisian seemed to be okay with it as they both teamed up to recruit a kid named Corp.

Quote Originally Posted by Zip Goshboots
    Sounds to me like Dantonio is floating this one. He's hoping Bob Stoops calls Nichol up and says something about it, calls him a liar, a sneak, and the next thing you know:
    BAM! Nichol is a Sparty.
    I definitely smell a rat.
    You need help, seriously. And no he isn't floating it. This is 100% true. Once again, I'm not giving up my source, but let's just say I had near Keith Nichol contact yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by FillyCheezeSteak
    Just curious.............but why would USC be recruiting Nichol? They received two early committments from top California QB's (One 4* and one 3*). They missed out on Forcier and Claussen and both Kiffin and Sarkisian seemed to be okay with it as they both teamed up to recruit a kid named Corp.
    The USC thing is out of Nichol's mouth. But, you know high school kids. Sometimes a phone call here and there gets them telling everybody "So and so is recruiting me."

Let's just say it's a chance for Nichol to change his mind again, and give him a "soft landing" in East Lansing. I know that if I'm Dantonio, I know the kid has a heart for Sparty. He's been wanting to lead them into 5th or 6th place in the Big 10 for his entire life.
    Hell, he'd LOVE to live up to Stanton's standard of pushing Michigan to overtime not once, but twice in his career.
    Last edited by Zip Goshboots; 12-17-2006 at 06:06 PM.

Let's just say it's a chance for Nichol to change his mind again, and give him a "soft landing" in East Lansing. I know that if I'm Dantonio, I know the kid has a heart for Sparty. He's been wanting to lead them into 5th or 6th place in the Big 10 for his entire life.
    Hell, he'd LOVE to live up to Stanton's standard of pushing Michigan to overtime not once, but twice in his career.
    One thing I'm starting to realize in life is that when you run your mouth, it ends up screwing you over in the long run. Crack jokes, all I know is that things have changed more with this MSU program in the last 2 wks than they have in 6 years.

Dr Tre:
    Technically, I am agreeing with you.
    Theoretically, we've seen this broken record out of Camp Sparty since 1968.
    We jaded Wolverine fans will poke fun, and if Dantonio can reverse the culture of shooting yourself in the foot, then we'll be the first to cheer.
    Because, that's the Michigan way: Class, dignity, and congratulating the other guy when he does well. We'd like to see the Sparties do well, and actually hope they DO perform well. But, as UM'ers, we are intelligent, intuitive, and above all, realistic.
    When the Sparties show us something worth noting, we'll note it.
    Until then, we'll have to assume that you guys are going to run into an iceberg.

Just kickin' back on the seven seas of smoothness.
    I know that if I'm Dantonio, I know the kid has a heart for Sparty. He's been wanting to lead them into 5th or 6th place in the Big 10 for his entire life.
    Even though I'm more of a Spartan fan, I actually found this quite funny.

One thing I'm starting to realize in life is that when you run your mouth, it ends up screwing you over in the long run. Crack jokes, all I know is that things have changed more with this MSU program in the last 2 wks than they have in 6 years.
    What you just said could bite you in the ass as well. You do realize that he hasn't coached 1 game yet at MSU and you are making it sound like he's the next coming of Bo. I think a giant heaping of simma don nah is in order.

+ Reply to Thread