+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: vBookie contest #2 -- NEED FEEDBACK

Check your PMs

vBookie contest #2 -- NEED FEEDBACK

As we prepare for the next vBookie contest, we need to determine if we are going to either:

1. Reset everyone's totals before every contest

or

2. Keep going without resetting

If we do not reset the alpaca count each time we run a new contest, we'll probably add a stipulation that the same person can't win two contests in a row. So once you win, you are ineligible for the next contest, and then eligible for the following one.

There are pros and cons to doing it each way, so we need to hear from you guys to see what you guys want to do.

If we can request one thing as we discuss this, please try to keep self interest out of it. (People with low totals right now shouldn't say "reset" just because they are struggling, and likewise people with high counts will likely want to keep what they have earned.)

Try to base your decision on what would be the most fun for everybody and still be fair at the same time.

Thanks.

I think you should keep the totals that everyone has but base the winner of the next contest on the total earned from the end of the first contest until the next. Then every three months you can have a bigger prize for who ever has the most overall to that point.

Blog Entries
    That would be the best suggestion, but unfortunately, there isn't an automatic reporting/tracking function for specific date ranges, in other words, it would have to be done manually for all 400+ members. Ugh.
    Find a new slant.

Yeah, I already thought of that, and that would be the ideal senario...but like Glenn said who wants to tally the totals from every poster manually? not me.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Yeah I did think of that too. maybe some day. i guess I would have to side with going with the running total thing and possibly rework it if like the same two people keep winning.

rollin through your neighborhood, middle finger up
    Im not familiar with how the forum works, but isnt the data arranged in a database? You could snapshot the database the day a contest starts and then snapshot it at the end, do a simple +/- on the two snapshots and determine amount gained/lost during a certain period. Of course, if its not a database then Im just talking out my ass.

I think it should be reset each time. That way it provides more participation, where if there are 2 or 3 runaways then its useless for everyone else.
    Destiny

rollin through your neighborhood, middle finger up
    If the total was reset every time a contest started, I dont think I would use vbookie much anymore. Yeah the contests are cool, but it doesnt play a part in my betting and my goal is to have enough alpacas to strike fear into the fans of non-Piston teams. If I knew all my betting work was just going to be reset I wouldnt be interested. Of course resetting would help me right now since Im under 500, but I intend to change that (fuckin cowboys).

If the Alpacas get reset, then whats to stop someone from going nuts in the last couple of days knowing they're getting 500 more in a couple days?

It would make for a fun last couple of days wouldn't it?
    Last edited by Tahoe; 12-11-2006 at 11:13 PM.

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    The way things have gone so far, it doesn't look like there will be more than about 6-7 people above 500 Pacas. Can you just reset everyone to 500 and then manually change those few who have more to their proper totals? That way the people who lost will get a second chance but the winners won't get screwed.

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

+ Reply to Thread