+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Pavel Datsyuk

"I don't know that I'm ever not gonna want to play."
    This line is putting together points like the old Bertuzzi/ Morrison/ Naslund line did a few years ago. The only big difference is that they're doing it with finesse instead of brute force. Pavel has put up 20 points in his last 9 games. That's huge.

Tough loss to the blue Jackets.

Gah, to Columbus of all people.

Anyway, does anyone have that one animated image of Datsyuk owning Marty Turco?

Red Wings' General manager Ken Holland noted that the Wings' organization wants to re-sign sniper Pavel Datsyuk, despite his high demands.
    "We're not trading him at the trade deadline," Holland said. "In talks to Pavel and his agent, they tell me their first priority is to sign with the Red Wings. That's our priority, too." Datsyuk is the team leader in points with 45 on the season, five ahead of Nicklas Lidstrom and Henrik Zetterberg, so it is no wonder Holland wants to lock him up. However, he may be asking for something in the range of $7 million a season, so stay tuned as the trade deadline approaches.
    Source: Detroit Free Press
    Kelly Youngblood: Don't take any shit from them Canucks. To them,
    you're just another wetback, crossing the border to play their game.
    Dean Youngblood: They'll never catch me!
    Kelly Youngblood: Oh, they'll catch you.

As good as Pavel has been in the regular season, he has yet to have even a decent playoff series. If he is a bust again in the playoffs this year, I would have problems with paying him big money. If you just looked at his playoff stats you would think that the guy is terrible. That doesn't bode well when you want to win a championship.

+ Reply to Thread