+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 15
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Best season ever for Izzo?

Quote Originally Posted by Hermy
    Roy Williams didn't recruit for 4 years at UNC as of last year. He lost a player or 2 or 5 early. He got a 3 seed. He finished 2nd in a great conference. UNC fan/program kept expectations high despite national disrespect.

Awful example. Izzo lost one guy, one year early.
    You showed how little you know with this post. Izzo lost Shannon Brown early to the NBA, lost Ager and Davis to the NBA (doesn't matter if they left after senior yr, still impacts team, lost Trannon to NFL prep, lost Rowley to moving on beyond bball. That is 5 guys and all of them played. 4 of them played significant minutes. Yet, you want them to come back and go to the final four this year. No wonder Michigan sucks at basketball, there fans don't even know the sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny
    Lol. Your posts are high comedy at this point. You're so jaded and you don't even know it.
    Nice response. You claim I'm jaded but haven't been able to counter my points or backup your own.

If you told Bilas, Vitale, or any other informed college basketball cover guy in the media that you expect every major bball program in the country to maintain Final Four expectations and never have a year with lowered expectation, they would laugh at you.

You think I'm jaded, but you are the one that is making it very clear that you don't follow the sport or know anything about it.

As a scientologist Bilas has had all his human emotions "audited" out of him and would never agree that Duke is anything but the top contender for the NC. Vitale is always laughing those crazy lunatic insanity laughs.
    STEW BEEF!

Quote Originally Posted by DrTre11
    You showed how little you know with this post. Izzo lost Shannon Brown early to the NBA, lost Ager and Davis to the NBA (doesn't matter if they left after senior yr, still impacts team, lost Trannon to NFL prep, lost Rowley to moving on beyond bball. That is 5 guys and all of them played. 4 of them played significant minutes. Yet, you want them to come back and go to the final four this year. No wonder Michigan sucks at basketball, there fans don't even know the sport.
    I'm a state fan. I fly a spartan flag in my yard. I have spartan drapes in my garage. I wear spartan shit to the gym.

I don't want them to go to the final four. I want them to compete at an elite level. They aren't. I am disapponted in Izzo for not preparing knowing that at the very least Ager and Davis would be gone. Losing a Junior isn't exactly a crushing defeat to a roster either. I don't want him fired, or am even really mad at him, but I have the clarity to see this for what it is. Its a blemish, a hiccup, but one that could have been avoided if we were truely A1. Its not to be celebrated.

I'll still enjoy the year, my take was as much of a dig on UM fans and their overreaction to Carr's occational mediocrity as a condemnation of Tom, but you're still asinine to fly this superior coaching job banner when so much of his job as a director of the program is to make sure that precisily this doesn't happen.

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DrTre11
    Nice response. You claim I'm jaded but haven't been able to counter my points or backup your own.

If you told Bilas, Vitale, or any other informed college basketball cover guy in the media that you expect every major bball program in the country to maintain Final Four expectations and never have a year with lowered expectation, they would laugh at you.

You think I'm jaded, but you are the one that is making it very clear that you don't follow the sport or know anything about it.
    Let us review:
    • You posed a question about MSU basketball.
    • You provided your answer for said question.
    • I provided a response that differed from your answer.
    • You had a tantrum and started calling me names.
    I never said there couldn't be lowered expectations for a basketball program, I never said it wasn't acceptable, I said that in such a season, you couldn't then consider it the coaches "Best Season Ever" because it's not. You really need to consider going to an MSU only board because it's becoming increasingly obvious that you don't want to listen to anyone who disagrees with you.

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny
    Let us review:
    • You posed a question about MSU basketball.
    • You provided your answer for said question.
    • I provided a response that differed from your answer.
    • You had a tantrum and started calling me names.
    I never said there couldn't be lowered expectations for a basketball program, I never said it wasn't acceptable, I said that in such a season, you couldn't then consider it the coaches "Best Season Ever" because it's not. You really need to consider going to an MSU only board because it's becoming increasingly obvious that you don't want to listen to anyone who disagrees with you.
    Same exact thing can be said about every single UM fan here on WTF. I shared my opinion that I felt Florida deserved to be in the title game and I was absolutely attacked in several threads. So don't give me this garbage about going to a MSU only board.

If you would have said you dont' think its his best and given reasons, I would have took part in the discussion. But, you called this season a failed season and played the old Michigan fan trick of putting ridiculous expectations on MSU so you can blast them later.

I'm a state fan. I fly a spartan flag in my yard. I have spartan drapes in my garage. I wear spartan shit to the gym.

I don't want them to go to the final four. I want them to compete at an elite level. They aren't. I am disapponted in Izzo for not preparing knowing that at the very least Ager and Davis would be gone. Losing a Junior isn't exactly a crushing defeat to a roster either. I don't want him fired, or am even really mad at him, but I have the clarity to see this for what it is. Its a blemish, a hiccup, but one that could have been avoided if we were truely A1. Its not to be celebrated.

I'll still enjoy the year, my take was as much of a dig on UM fans and their overreaction to Carr's occational mediocrity as a condemnation of Tom, but you're still asinine to fly this superior coaching job banner when so much of his job as a director of the program is to make sure that precisily this doesn't happen.
    If you are truly a State guy, you'd be happy that Izzo has MSU back in the Top 25 again with the #5 recruiting class in the country coming in next year.
    Here is what you guys aren't getting though: Sure Izzo could have brought in a few good freshmen guards and had higher expectations this year, but he knew that the following crop of freshmen were much more talented. He planned his schollies so that he could bring in several more talented freshmen next year and more the following so that he could build a NC calibur team. Had he went your route, he would have missed out on somebody like Lucas/Summers/Allen because there wouldn't have been enough schollies.

Blog Entries
    Do they make a Fathead that is just a huge pic of Tom Izzo's face?
    Find a new slant.

Bullshit. The coach of a program only has so much control over who stays, who leaves, who verbals, who commits, etc...

Some things can be planned for, like Davis and Ager graduating (see the recruiting class of Herzog, Morgan and Dahlman) and some things can't exactly be planned for (see Brown leaving early or Devendorf backing out of his verbal or Cotton transferring or Rowley quitting basketball or Trannon deciding not to play hoops). You recruit these elite players when they're sophomores and juniors. When a sudden and unexpected need arises, contrary to your belief...a coach can't just up and go grab an elite recruit when he's a senior in high school.

Fact is, if Shannon Brown hadn't left a year early...MSU would be a top 15 program this year and you wouldn't be calling this year a hiccup or a blemish or whatever the fuck else you feel like calling it. But Brown did leave and FACT remains that Izzo is doing the absolute most with what he's got. His team is in the process of exceeding the expectations of every single preseason prognostication out there.

It has been an impressive display of pure coaching by anyone's definition.

Impressive?
    C'mon. The season is only a third over, and the Big 10 season hasn't started yet.
    Wake me up when something important happens. Too much basketball to be played before all you Sparties start sucking each other dicks just yet.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

+ Reply to Thread