+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Best season ever for Izzo?

Dr Tre:
    Hey, no offense taken! I guess you take stock of whatever you can, and if Izzo and the Izzoids are happy if they go 16-12, then groove on!
    You are right that I'm judging Izzo on past seasons, and thinking that "Hey, it's Michigan State, they have Izzo, and we'll see them standing tall at the end of the season". I'm looking at that Final Four from two years ago and thinking there is no way he can top that. That came out of now where if you ask me.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

Can anyone imagine UofM fan having this conversatoin about Carr? (I know, you lose more with an individual departure in hoops...whatever).

Quote Originally Posted by Hermy
    Can anyone imagine UofM fan having this conversatoin about Carr? (I know, you lose more with an individual departure in hoops...whatever).
    This is not a football thread. We have 37 UM football threads so don't go there.

But, you answered your own question. Don't compare apples to oranges. In basketball, you can lose nearly your entire playing group due to graduation and the NBA. The fact that only 5 players play at a time magnifies the impact. It is a completely different situation, so don't go suggesting UM is at some higher level because they don't have years like this.

The elite of the elite in college bball have down years. Name the top 10 programs in the country and I'll cite down years. Duke has probably done the best with that. However, North Carolina, Kansas, Arizona, UConn, Kentucky, etc. etc. have all had recent years of down teams due to the way the sport is set up.

Yeah, thats why I said whatever. God, can you shut up for like 2 hours.

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    Absolutely not. A huge part of college coaching is to maintain the talent level in the program and Izzo has failed in that regard this year. Just because he does "better than was expected" doesn't excuse an otherwise failed season if they don't go far in the postseason.

Izzo just used the oldest trick in th book, lower expectations as far as you can so that if/when something good happens, you look that much better for it. Don't fall for it.

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

Vinny:
    that's a good point. I hear that for next year Izzo is saying he'll be lucky the Sparties can beat a team consisting of a garbage can and four frogs.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny
    Absolutely not. A huge part of college coaching is to maintain the talent level in the program and Izzo has failed in that regard this year. Just because he does "better than was expected" doesn't excuse an otherwise failed season if they don't go far in the postseason.

Izzo just used the oldest trick in th book, lower expectations as far as you can so that if/when something good happens, you look that much better for it. Don't fall for it.
    I'm sorry man, I know I come off as a biased fan when it comes to Michigan topics, but your response just stinks of maize and blue garbage. Either that or you don't follow basketball much. Let me prove my point:

Roy Williams was named Coach of the Year last year. Did Williams win the ACC? Nope. Did he go to the Final Four? Nope. National Championship? Nope.

Then why did he win Coach of the Year? It was because voters are intelligent and they knew the situation. They lost a ridiculous amount of players and his team still finished with a solid record and played well. Did you hear fans saying that he failed? Absolutely not.

That's North Carolina, one of the most prestigious/recognized/storied programs not only in basketball but all of college sports. Were you ripping UNC for having lowered expectations? Retarded. Glad you don't have a vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny

OH MY GOD......so that's where Tre picked up that trick.......it's all starting to make so much sense now

Roy Williams didn't recruit for 4 years at UNC as of last year. He lost a player or 2 or 5 early. He got a 3 seed. He finished 2nd in a great conference. UNC fan/program kept expectations high despite national disrespect.

Awful example. Izzo lost one guy, one year early.

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DrTre11
    I'm sorry man, I know I come off as a biased fan when it comes to Michigan topics, but your response just stinks of maize and blue garbage. Either that or you don't follow basketball much. Let me prove my point:

Roy Williams was named Coach of the Year last year. Did Williams win the ACC? Nope. Did he go to the Final Four? Nope. National Championship? Nope.

Then why did he win Coach of the Year? It was because voters are intelligent and they knew the situation. They lost a ridiculous amount of players and his team still finished with a solid record and played well. Did you hear fans saying that he failed? Absolutely not.

That's North Carolina, one of the most prestigious/recognized/storied programs not only in basketball but all of college sports. Were you ripping UNC for having lowered expectations? Retarded. Glad you don't have a vote.
    Lol. Your posts are high comedy at this point. You're so jaded and you don't even know it.

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

+ Reply to Thread