+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 15
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Best season ever for Izzo?

Blog Entries
    New threads don't cost anything, do they?
    Find a new slant.

no. but they can be confusing if the same conversation is happening in parrallel. they can be even more confusing when you hit merge instead of move.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    no. but they can be confusing if the same conversation is happening in parrallel. they can be even more confusing when you hit merge instead of move.
    LMAO.

You saved me fom having to say it.
    Find a new slant.

hopefully my accident killed that topic so we can end the debate.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Only the hard and strong may call themselves Spartans. Only the hard… Only the strong.
    MSU shouldn't be top 25.... yet. Coaches poll gives them the benfit of the doubt due to respect for Izzo, but a ranking of 25th in early December means nothing anyway. The Big Ten schedule will be the true test of this team and Izzo's coaching job this year.

And Huge is the biggest waste of skin in the state of Michigan..... he fucking sucks.

Izzo has HOW many Final Fours (and one championship, and an Elite Eight), and you are already wondering if this year will be his best job ever? Let's talk after the season, because it is all about making the tournament, and then doing some damage there. If State doesn't go at least Sweet Sixteen, then the season is a flop.
    State is one of the Big Timers in basketball. When you have been as successful as Izzo, you can only ADD to that success to consider a season as one of your best ever.
    You make the NCAA Tourney by winning two thirds of your games (sometimes less), and finishing in the upper half of a conference that has 11 teams. If I'm Izzo, I wouldn't take anything less than Sweet Sixteen as a season I want to jump up and down about.

Is this the same thread that was called "Spartans Top 25" yesterday or did that one get deleted?

Quote Originally Posted by FillyCheezeSteak
    Is this the same thread that was called "Spartans Top 25" yesterday or did that one get deleted?
    Same one. I can live with this discussion. And Tre, if possible, look back and see how many of those threads I started. And they were about different topics one was Who should play OSU?, one was Tressel's comments, one was about articles in the media, and the other was the Rose Bowl thread.
    Last edited by Moodini31; 12-06-2006 at 10:28 PM.

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodini31
    Same one. I can live with this discussion. And Tre, if possible, look back and see how many of those threads I started. And they were about different topics one was Who should play OSU?, one was Tressel's comments, one was about articles in the media, and the other was the Rose Bowl thread.
    8 threads that somehow involve UM football, I don't care what variation. Like we've said in the past, if you don't want to read it: Don't click on it!

Quote Originally Posted by Zip Goshboots
    Izzo has HOW many Final Fours (and one championship, and an Elite Eight), and you are already wondering if this year will be his best job ever? Let's talk after the season, because it is all about making the tournament, and then doing some damage there. If State doesn't go at least Sweet Sixteen, then the season is a flop.
    State is one of the Big Timers in basketball. When you have been as successful as Izzo, you can only ADD to that success to consider a season as one of your best ever.
    You make the NCAA Tourney by winning two thirds of your games (sometimes less), and finishing in the upper half of a conference that has 11 teams. If I'm Izzo, I wouldn't take anything less than Sweet Sixteen as a season I want to jump up and down about.
    No offense dude, but you are obviously not very knowledgeable about Michigan State this year or Tom Izzo's expectations. I understand that you place high expectations on great programs, but this year is different and everyone knows it. I heard Izzo himself address the team about their situation and expectations. He flat out told them they weren't ultra talented and he was dead right. But, he did say that they have a chance to make the tourney if they play the game the right way.

You can't expect a team that sent three players to the NBA and lost more to graduation/deciding not to play anymore to do a lot of damage. Anybody that says Sweet 16 or bust for a team that lost 5 key players and 80% of their scoring is just not living in the real world. The best coaching jobs are not always done when you have the most talent. Championships and accomplishments aren't always the result of your best coaching effort. It can be easy to win when you have numerous All Americans. It's those seasons when you've got much less to work with, surprise people, and find "some" success that prove what kind of coach you are.

+ Reply to Thread