Page 11 of 15
FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Best season ever for Izzo?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Douche Baggins
    Tre? Knockout? What do you guys think?
    Gold.
    Find a new slant.

Every year is Final Four or bust in my opinion. Last year was a disappointment but we ran into a buzzsaw in Memphis. This year we should be doing the buzzsawing.

State needs a Final Four appearance in the next 2 years to remain relevant among the talk of elite basketball programs.

Famous Bill Walton quotes:

"Shaq's arrogance is an insult to people who think."

Bill: "What, Phoenix? Are they still paying you?"
    Jalen: "Yeah, under the table."
    Bill: "Yeah, just like at Michigan."

“Oh my, Kobe is really putting on a show out there. He’s making Ray Allen look like a sixth grader!”

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    Gold.
    Quit being a LDB hanger onner
    Players meeting my ASS!

Quote Originally Posted by D's Nuts
    Every year is Final Four or bust in my opinion. Last year was a disappointment but we ran into a buzzsaw in Memphis. This year we should be doing the buzzsawing.

State needs a Final Four appearance in the next 2 years to remain relevant among the talk of elite basketball programs.
    I seem drawn to the E word. One Final Four appearance in the last 7 years. You're looking for one in the next two years (often an indicator that people think they may get there this year but they may not, thus buying a 2nd year to meet the mark). So they could go 1 for 8, but as long as they hit on the 9th they're elite.

I just like to quantify it. How much time would that appearance buy them? Another 4-5 years? So one appearance every 4.5 years = elite? Can we call that the standard? How far do you go back? UM haters often say you can only measure the past 10 years, or some even limit it to 5. Is that the rule? I've always wanted to make a standard that everyone can agree on so we can measure what is or is not elite.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

I think elite means that you have a consistent level of excellence. In basketball, that is measured by Final Four appearances and National Championships. To stay relevant in the discussion of elite, you must make a Final Four every few years. Every 4-5 years seems good but there are programs that seem to go back to back every so often which maintains their relevancy to the topic as well.

I see no reason why State can not make a Final Four in the next 2 years.

Famous Bill Walton quotes:

"Shaq's arrogance is an insult to people who think."

Bill: "What, Phoenix? Are they still paying you?"
    Jalen: "Yeah, under the table."
    Bill: "Yeah, just like at Michigan."

“Oh my, Kobe is really putting on a show out there. He’s making Ray Allen look like a sixth grader!”

Blog Entries
    Apparently, Oregon noticed, too.

I wonder if you'll still find Nike to be so ballin' if The Izzo bolts to Eugene?
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Glan View Post
    Apparently, Oregon noticed, too.

I wonder if you'll still find Nike to be so ballin' if The Izzo bolts to Eugene?
    Maybe you should start a thread about it. You haven't missed one Izzo rumor in the last decade. It'll give you something to jerk off to. That is if you aren't already jerking off to the fact that I'm here, which coincidently raises the views/visitors.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Baker View Post
    Maybe you should start a thread about it. You haven't missed one Izzo rumor in the last decade. It'll give you something to jerk off to. That is if you aren't already jerking off to the fact that I'm here, which coincidently raises the views/visitors.
    Which doesn't make you want to jerk off at all, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Baker View Post
    Like a yeast infection increases vaginal insertions.

+ Reply to Thread