+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15
1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Best season ever for Izzo?

Best season ever for Izzo?

The Spartans are now in the Top 25. Absolutely amazing considering their exhibition games and how they looked in practice. This was a topic on The Huge Show earlier today. He mentioned how incredible Tom Izzo is that he has this team in the Top 25. If they continue despite Morgan's absence and float in and out of the Top 25 throughout the BT season, I believe it will be Izzo's best coaching job ever. And that includes the 2000 National Championship year. Huge started to make a similar argument that this might be his best job ever if they continue.

So what do you guys think? What would State have to do for this to be his best coaching job ever? I say Top 3-4 in the BT and make the tournament. They do that and I'll be estatic.

I think it's amazing they're ranked considerring they're a 2 loss team that hasn't beaten any currently ranked team. I think it's because they're Michigan State. I think it's more of a credit to Izzo than it is to the current squad, but he's earned that. Now it's up to his team to keep them there. Once you're ranked, your games should be a little more scrutinized.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jethro34
    I think it's amazing they're ranked considerring they're a 2 loss team that hasn't beaten any currently ranked team. I think it's because they're Michigan State. I think it's more of a credit to Izzo than it is to the current squad, but he's earned that. Now it's up to his team to keep them there. Once you're ranked, your games should be a little more scrutinized.
    They beat Texas when they were ranked #21. It's not what they are ranked after you beat them because obviously they drop. It's what they're ranked when you beat them.

The Bradley blowout impressed alot of people and I'm not talking about State people. I've heard it mentioned on ESPN several times. Bradley was considered a very solid team and they annihilated them.

Blog Entries
    Good for MSU, but "Huge" should never be used as re-enforcement for any argument.

I'm actually very pleased that his name doesn't pop up here very often.
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    Good for MSU, but "Huge" should never be used as re-enforcement for any argument.

To hell with that.....Don't you want to be drinkin some cold Miller Lights and not talk about sports and only talk about "Huge"'s personal life and lame ass promotions and an annoying bullhorn and a kiss ass named Muller and horrible callers

what a turd

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn

Yeah, you are right. Huge is a douche bag. The guy never lets a caller get a word in if they disagree with him. I wish we had a better in-state show on at that time.

Geez, do we need a thread for this? Sounds a lot like MSU basketball to me.

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodini31
    ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME??????!!!!!!!!!! HOW MANY DAMN UM WHINING, WHY WE SHOULD BE PLAYING, ARTICLES ABOUT WHY WE SHOULD BE PLAYING, WHO DO YOU HATE MOST UM FOOTBALL THREADS DO WE HAVE?!!!!!!!!!

I can't even handle this shit. Our entire site is covered with UM threads that all revolve around the same thing, yet I didn't complain once. If I didn't want to read it, I didn't open it!

And no, it isn't the same. I presented a question: Is this Izzo's best coaching effort ever. You can repost that bashing the head emoticon, but post 30 of them for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodini31
    I like how you want all MSU topics piled into one MSU Basketball thread, but you can create 20 different threads featuring UM Football topics. Do we have to go through this every 2 weeks!?

BTW, I just checked. We have 8 threads on page 1 that revolve around UM not playing in the National Championship game. HYPOCRITE
    Last edited by Baker; 12-06-2006 at 11:50 AM.

I also don't understand why there are so many U of M football threads. The same conversation is going on in 3 or 4 threads. I'll try and clean that up today. I do think this thread merits a separate discussion, but you should change the title to something about the actual question (best coaching job ever). the title implies we should talk about whether MSU should be top 25.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

+ Reply to Thread