+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Great articles on the Wolverines getting jobbed.

Well then, there is still something these seemingly indignant writers can do: If Florida nudges OSU and UM has an impressive victory over USC, then vote UM the AP champion. Only THREE points separated UM and Florida. If so many people feel UM was jobbed, then they can use the same disorted logic that jumped USC and Florida ahead of Michigan to give Michigan their just due if they clobber USC.

I'm also sick of writers and coaches complaining about not having a "playoff" system. These guys still cover the games, still participate, and do NOTHING to get a playoff system in place except crying like Urban Meyer when the season is over and nothing is decided.
    Here's something interesting: From the Dan Patrick show:
    There is a writer on the Harris Poll who blatantly announces his hatred for Big Ten football, and his love for SEC football. I have no problem with that, as there are probably voters who feel the opposite way. But should a guy who goes PUBLIC with it be casting votes for the national Championship game? I mean, if a referee announces before the BCS game that he can't stand Ohio State and hopes they lose, and announces that he had a torrid love affair with Jim Tressel and that Tressel broke his heart, would he still be allowed to ref the game?

Glenn:
    OF COURSE we'd still have to hear about the superiority of the SEC because there are so many geeks around the country who would be concerned if their shitty teams are better than the big 10's shitty teams.
    People actually go around comparing, say, Northwestern to Mississippi St or Kentucky to Illinois, and say things like, "Top to bottom, the SEC is the bestest conference around".
    I say, "You are as good as your BEST teams, and you can shove teams 4-10 up your nerdy, never got laid ass"

I'm sick of the playoff whining too. It doesn't do any good. You have this system, live with it until you change it. But I can complain about the shitty voting in this system.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    Good stuff Zip, ha ha.

I've heard a few people saying that someone is trying to organize a boycott of all the advertisers/sponsors of the BCS as a protest. Don't know if that is true or not.
    Find a new slant.

Boycotting BCS Advertizers:
    Uh, that would mean never buying ANYTHING ever again.

I was thinking what would happen if all Michigan fans boycotted the Rose Bowl... but the team probably would be pissed off because they didn't have any support lol. Even then, it would be amazing to see a half empty stadium.

that would be bad. the school would be ridiculed nationally, and send a bad message to the team as well. i'd rather see them go to the title game and boo florida the whole time.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

I can see your point there, but not going to the game would, in my opinion, prove nothing. You either support YOUR team or you don't, win or lose, getting robbed or not.
    It seemed like a longshot anyway, so why not enjoy a good old fashioned UM-USC battle?

Yeah you're right, it would be stupid to be classless like that when the whole time lloyd and the university have been the epitome of class.

+ Reply to Thread