+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Baker Exclusive! (Dar Tucker)

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    Nice work Tre.

I'm glad to hear that Izzo stays above the fray.
    Yeah me too. And that story isn't my Spartan tainted story to make Izzo sound great. It's word for word the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    Nice work Tre.

I'm glad to hear that Izzo stays above the fray.
    moi aussi!

I'm a huge Izzo fan and considering his class and character, I would expect nothing less.

IlliniAmy owns Glenn in alpaca battles.
    STEW BEEF!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fool
    IlliniAmy owns Glenn in alpaca battles.

Droll.

I'm only replying to you so my sig has another chance to pull in more noobs.

Welcome noobs! We love you!
    Find a new slant.

I'm not very knowledgable on the recruiting stuff. Can you give me the skinny on Tucker the player?
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    I'm not very knowledgable on the recruiting stuff. Can you give me the skinny on Tucker the player?
    I first saw Dar Tucker as a freshman and I was floored. He was a star as a freshman and playing on the biggest stage. He can really get up and throw it down. He's very strong and athletic. He can shoot the three ball pretty well, but his strength would be slashing and powering more inside. His ball handling skills need work, but they aren't bad.

He really reminds me of Raymar Morgan for MSU. Another guy I would compare him to is Alando Tucker for Wisky. But, Dar has a better outside shot. Tucker was one of the few high profile recruits that actually said who his leader was early and often. He was quoted several times saying that Michigan State was #1 on his list. I loved the kids game and wanted him badly. Usually recruits won't name their number 1 because they want all colleges pursuing.

Jethro, Moodini, and I sat behind Izzo last year at the Hill when Tucker faced Kalin Lucas. Lucas definately stole the show, but Tucker wasn't getting the rock. We will definately be there again for Kalin vs. Tucker II.

DePaul did kind of come out of left field so that part makes sense. You better watch your back leaking this kind of stuff Tre, don't want to find you in a body bag.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizzle
    DePaul did kind of come out of left field so that part makes sense. You better watch your back leaking this kind of stuff Tre, don't want to find you in a body bag.
    You're probably right! haha (notice the exclamation point- that one is for you homie haha)

I guess I don't get how the shoe companies and agents never get in trouble for this kind of thing... only the schools.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

The interesting thing is that the apparent scoop was that test scores were the thing holding him up from commiting. Word around the school had even been generated that the coaches were pushing for him to do a year at a prep school - not sure if that was just rumor or validity, but on at least one occasion I heard Dar himself mention it and he wasn't feeling it.

Ok, I had to get something to reassure me today. I spoke with someone I know I can trust who has been at the school. We spoke on mutual condition of anonimity and I put it out there that I read a buzz online (no source named to protect those needing protection) that an area writer might be breaking a scandalous story. I didn't say anything else, and the other person immediately named the two people in question and said "Makes sense." That was all that was said, and all that needed to be said.

At the end of the day, I just hope the people responsible get all the blame and not Arthur Hill. The people at Arthur Hill are fighting too hard to overcome stereotyping to have something like this hang like a cloud over the school.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

+ Reply to Thread