+ Reply to Thread

Thread: OGT: Vermont @ Michigan State

OGT: Vermont @ Michigan State

I wasn't going to start an OGT for this game considering the fact that I viewed it as an easy game. But, I did a little research and found that Vermont actually upset Boston College this year. The same BC that features stud Dudley who I am a big fan of (his style of play).

Therefore, this might be upset alert. Vermont has played tough against good opponent and proven that they can beat anybody. They knocked off Syracuse in the tournament year before last before running into State's Final Four run.

I think this might be a pretty tough game. Got offered free tickets but I have practice, damn it!!!!

MSU by 6.

Go State!

Only the hard and strong may call themselves Spartans. Only the hard… Only the strong.
    Could definitely be a tough game, especially if there's a bit of NYC hangover.

GO GREEN

Talking

This State team just continues to shock me. Man, I wish I would have taped the practice I was at and posted it here. This team is so far from that team I watched in practice it is unbelievable. And the thing was, there were two coaches with me. It's not like it was only my opinion, I was probably the most optimistic out of the three!

Anyways, a 20 point win over a Vermont team that shoots the three very well and has beaten Boston College is extremely impressive. The thing that sticks out the most is the fact that MSU held them to 1 three pointer. We used to get rained on last year!

And how about freaking Lights Out! I didnt' see the final stats, but homeboy was 7-8 from 3 point land with 26 points with time remaining! Unbelievable. I was telling Moodini the other night about how he seemed like a different player at practice. Swagger. Looks like I might have gotten something right.

I wonder if MSU can knock off Boston College now that they beat Vermont soundly. Beating an opponent that beat one of your future opponenets is never a guaranteed win because teams match up differently, however I hope it works out here.

Getting a win that I believed was a guaranteed loss at the start of the year would be great.

Only the hard and strong may call themselves Spartans. Only the hard… Only the strong.
    Best thing about Neitzel last night was his 8 rebounds. That's the kind of thing that will have this team competitive despite the lack of overall offensive punch.

They mentioned on the radio that Neitzel shot like 69% from the field last night while there wasn't one other player that shot above 20%. That can't happen during the conference season.

This team is young and inexperienced. I'm not worried about bad shooting nights. If we can win by 20 on a night when everybody but Neitzel shot bad, than they are doing some things right.

Because they are so young, there are going to be nights with terrible shooting and maybe some ugly play. I can accept that. I'll be happy if the D and rebounding maintains.

Why don't Tre and Nick just send each other private messages?

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

I promise Tre will use that comment against you some time in the future. Steel trap. Next time you start a questionable thread, he'll bring it back.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jethro34
    I promise Tre will use that comment against you some time in the future. Steel trap. Next time you start a questionable thread, he'll bring it back.
    What? Because I made a joke about 2 guys just posting back and forth to each other about the Vermont game? I don't get it.

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

If I make it to the Turkey Bowl tomorrow, I'll explain it to you then.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

+ Reply to Thread