+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: WTF is going on? (a thread about our shitty play as of late)

WTF is going on? (a thread about our shitty play as of late)

OK, i know it's ridiculously early in the season and we have a new cast of characters we're trying to mix in.

but seriously- blow this team up already. well not completely. but take whatever draft picks and expiring contracts you can for sheed. and billups if he's not going to stick around.

if we want to struggle to make the playoffs and get into the 2nd round each year, then keep the team as is. but if we want to build for another title, we need to make a drastic move or 2.

if we're going to tank any year, THIS is the year to do it. i'm not seriously suggesting we purposely lose, as i know players don't care about draft positioning, etc. but really- this is looking like it might be one of the most top heavy drafts in nba history, assuming some of these college freshmen declare.

a lottery pick assures us of a really talented kid with a ton of potential. we need an athletic stud who can create his shot and get to the hoop- we pretty much have NOBODY who fits that description right now.

we are a mismatched team with no identity. while we try to find it all year long the rest of the nba is coasting past us.

no, we're not finished- we're a long way from it. but seriously- this team is not going to win the title or even get to the conference finals like this.

i wish we could somehow acquire another 1st round pick or 2 so we can get some REAL talent on this team to help reload.

we had better entertain all offers leading up to the deadline in february so we can get some picks in an effort to right the ship. IMO damn near everyone should be considered for trade.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    i'd rather detonate the coach rather than the team.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

rollin through your neighborhood, middle finger up
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutz Gatsu
    i'd rather detonate the coach rather than the team.
    QFT

I could say so much more but Ill leave it at that, and Ive barely even seen any Pistons bball this year.

i agree- hunter should be cryogenically (spelling?) frozen until the playoffs, IF we ever get there.

he is only going to be effective in playoff-type basketball. regular season is a horrible time for him to be playing those minutes.

i would rather watch blalock making a few mistakes and developing than to see hunter playing then. and i LOVE lindsey.

we seriously need to just let some of these kids (j-max, amir, and blalock) get some minutes. we're not going anywhere to begin with.

but learn from someone like phil jackson- you can mix these inexperienced kids in with our starters from time to time, give them a few minutes here and there of MEANINGFUL playing time, and you wouldn't hurt your team if you do it right.

man, flip needs to go and we need to make any and every player available on our roster and start over. this is not going to work.

why the hell did we even sign mohammed? whatever abilities he DOES have are being wasted with the way we're 'using him'.

we need to win the lottery.

I hate to say this Higher but I don't think we're trying to win anymore titles.
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

I remember last year when Ben threw the hissy fit about us playing garbage ball, many were confused as we were winning. Now its pretty clear only Ben gave a crap about defense on the team.
    4 of the same 5 starters and the Pistons are a vacuum cleaneer, sucking and blowing at the same time.

Oh, please.

Ben's departure doesn't mean the other starters suck on D.

It's coaching, it's work ethic, is lazy bullshit.

All those things can be fixed without any fucking input from Ben Wallace

I'm hoping this shit stops soon
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

Etroit Basketball............where has the D gone?

Is it Flip? Did Ben really mean that much? Is it lazyness?

all of the above

Saunders needs to go. Hire someone new, and if the team still is playing like a bunch of ass cats, blow this shit up and start over.

Blog Entries
    I broke some stuff out of the Hornets game thread that wasn't related specifically to that game into this new thread.

These are larger "big picture" issues being discussed.
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread