+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Gears of War

Quote Originally Posted by JickBoy34
    I honestly was not that impressed...I just don't get flying high excited about a game when the only cool thing is the chainsaw. The online play is a joke because of the lack of game modes. COD 3 has been a bit of a disappointment as well, but i still would take that anyday over killing weird aliens and your only move being hiding behind something...
    I would have to say all in all, that is a pretty bad analysis of GOW, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

GOW has its obvious flaws, but it is the best game on the market right now.

Debate the analysis then...what makes it so good besides the fact that you are not killing nazi's.

Quote Originally Posted by JickBoy34
    Debate the analysis then...what makes it so good besides the fact that you are not killing nazi's.
    Well number 1, the graphics are sick. The players movements are so smooth and the enemies are very intelligent, and their movements are incredibly realistic.

number 2, the curb stomping, there is nothing more beautiful than downing a locust, or someone in multiplayer and standing over them when they can't do shit and then curb stomping their asses. The Chainsaw is bad ass too, along with sticking a grenade on someone and having to dive out of the way...

number 3, the weapons, all are pretty basic, but things like the torque bow, magnum revolver, and hammer of dawn make this game even more sweet.

I know the cover aspect is difficult to get used to, but its clear that you can't stand in the open and take bullets to the chest like a man like you can in first person shooters. blindfiring is sweet, and the game is very realistic about taking cover, flanking enemies, using grenades to flush people out, and all that good stuff.

I'll give this game 9.4 out of 10.

This game is like crack! I thought the single player mode was the perfect length at about 12-14 hours. To truly enjoy this game, play the whole game through on co-op over live with one of your friends. This game was setup with this in mind. I am having a lot of fun with this game. I beat it on casual, and I'm now going back through it and playing it on hardcore. I'm at ACT 5 now on there. As far as the online goes though, I'm liking it alot but not nearly as much as I'm enjoying Rainbow 6 online. Gears of War like previously mentioned is an instant classic.

I'm just getting started on GOW. I think all the talk about it made it a little disapointing for me. Its sick, no doubt, but it seems to be a lot of things are just migrations from SC. SC is 1 and 2 are still my favs. Maybe gow will grow on me.

And what really sucks is that I'm in the factory, fall through the floor and keep getting killed by those pesky little bastards. I'm going in with 350 rounds of machine gun ammo and haven't been able to get passed this for an hour.

Just kickin' back on the seven seas of smoothness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe
    And what really sucks is that I'm in the factory, fall through the floor and keep getting killed by those pesky little bastards. I'm going in with 350 rounds of machine gun ammo and haven't been able to get passed this for an hour.
    Ah, yes, that part. Actually, you can't just go straight ahead. You can kind of see where the weak spots are in the floor, the floorboards look a bit different.

Just walk, and as soon as you hear a slight crack, move backwards. You won't fall.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MoTown
    Just walk, and as soon as you hear a slight crack, move backwards. You won't fall.

Oh, I've never actually "played the game".

But I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
    Find a new slant.

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

+ Reply to Thread