+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7
FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Jalen Rose to sign with PHX

BTW, detroit insiders with mustaches are generally wrong.

See Kowalski, Thomas
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn

Pistons Insider, Chris McCosky (aka The Shadow)
    Why am I supposed to have respect for this man?
    STEW BEEF!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fool
    Why am I supposed to have respect for this man?
    Because he's very skilled at saying something and nothing at all at the same time?

(plus, the PHX signing isn't a done deal yet, apparently Shaq called Jalen and asked him to come to Miami, so CM may not be wrong after all)

Blog Entries
    Done deal.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2648527

Recently waived Rose will sign with Suns

ESPN.com news services

The Jalen Rose sweepstakes appear to be over.

The winner? Phoenix.

According to his personal blog at JalenRose.com, Rose has chosen to play in Phoenix after being courted by the Suns, Miami Heat and Detroit Pistons. Rose was bought out by the New York Knicks during the preseason.

"Being waived by the New York Knicks has created an opportunity for me to find a team to play on that will hopefully get me back into the playoffs with a realistic opportunity to win a NBA Championship," Rose wrote. "I am lucky and thankful to the numerous teams that have shown interest in me over the past few days, in particular Joe Dumars and my hometown Pistons and Pat Riley and the Miami Heat.

"Choosing the next chapter in my career has been difficult but I am proud to announce that I am now a member of the ... PHOENIX SUNS. I look forward to getting this season started and hope to see you at the Larry O'Brian championship trophy presentation in June. The stage is set, now its time to grind!"

Rose e-mailed the link to his Web site to selected media outlets, including ESPN.com.

Terms have not been released. The NBA veteran minimum salary is $1,178,348. The Suns have only $1.5 million of their cap exception remaining.

Rose secured a buyout from the Knicks worth $14.5 million this season.
    Nice work pimping your website, J.
    Last edited by Glenn; 11-03-2006 at 04:16 PM.

Skilled at saying something and nothing at all at the same time?

When does he EVER say ANYTHING that's important or even correct? I'll tell you, when he's allowed to sit outside Dumars' office while Dumars finalizes a deal for a player McCosky had said EARLIER THAT SAME DAMN DAY wasn't an option at all for the Pistons and even went so far as to ridicule "the fans" for being unrealistic.

And he's certainly not "skilled" at anything. When has anything he's written ever made you say, "Wow, that's written well"? Or maybe you think highly of his litany of washed out blue jeans and plaid button down shirts.
    Last edited by Fool; 11-03-2006 at 04:22 PM.
    STEW BEEF!

Blog Entries
    I'm just effing with you, I know he's worthless.

Here, check out Jalen's blog entry:

http://netitects.com/roller/page/blo...that_grew_from

What The Game Made Me, Not What The Fame Made Me

Welcome to my official blog, a new feature on my official website which will be relaunched next week. My new site will give you the opportunity to get to know me on a personal level as well as offer many new multimedia and interactive features. I guarantee you'll enjoy my site because I will be updating it on a daily basis and will be constantly posting new blogs about everything from basketball to politics.

This has been one of the busiest weeks in my life, but before we talk about my future let me reminisce a little bit about my past?

If you've followed my career, you know I am truly the Rose That Grew From Concrete. I was born and raised in Detroit by my mother, a loving family and caring community - and bless their souls for all of the love and support they provided to me as I grew up. I knew growing up that basketball was in my blood because my father, Jimmy Walker, was one of the best college basketball players of all time (Providence College), the number one pick in the 1967 draft (Detroit Pistons) and a NBA all-star. Even though we have yet to meet, we are in the record books as one of the all-time leading father-son scoring duos in NCAA Division I history. Growing up on the West Side of Detroit, my family did not enjoy a lavish lifestyle and I found sports and school as a way to stay out of trouble... I was always in the backyard, at the park or at the gym playing basketball. My love and passion for the game led me to countless nights on my knees praying for the opportunity that I have been blessed with today, to play in the NBA and hopefully stand as a role model to young people in difficult circumstances.

My first taste of national exposure came when I played on Team Superfriends in the AAU 13 and under division. We made it to nationals in St. Louis and the following year, in the AAU 15 and under division, we lost in the national championship in Seattle. Not giving up, we were national champs on my 17 and under AAU team, Team Michigan. I was also fortunate enough to be coached by the legendary Perry Watson at Detroit Southwestern High School. Coach Watson had a great influence on me as both mentor and father figure, a bond that continues between us to this day. At Southwestern, we won three public school league, three city and two state championships and were national champs in 1990. I was privileged to play on this team with future NBA stars Howard Eisley and Voshon Lenard. We were ranked #1 in the country by USA Today. Coming out of high school, I was a McDonald's All-American and knew I would have a chance to have an impact in the college game. I would like in this forum to thank all of my high school teammates and coaches for helping me become the player and person I am today.

In 1991, I decided to attend the University of Michigan along with Juwan Howard, Ray Jackson, Jimmy King and Chris Webber - I was the fifth freshman to sign with U-M so it only made sense that I choose to wear #5. At that time, I didn't think any of us realized the impact we were about to have and how the "Fab Five" would revolutionize the sport of basketball. Black socks, shoes, baggy shorts and bald heads, were not the only things that made the "Fab Five" so original; we were the best freshman class in NCAA history and fortunate enough to play for the NCAA Championship twice. It seems like just yesterday that I was setting the freshman scoring record as a 6'8 point guard and named to the All-Big Ten First Team and the Associated Press All-American Second Team. A special thanks to Coach Steve Fisher, my college teammates and all diehard Michigan fans; I will always cherish our camaraderie and walk with the "Fab Five" swagger.

In 1994, I decided to leave U-M after my junior year and enter the NBA draft. I was drafted in the first round by the Denver Nuggets. In Denver, I was named to the NBA All-Rookie Second Team after dishing out 389 assists, setting a Nugget's rookie assist record. I was ecstatic to be in the playoffs my first year in the league because that's when the fun really starts. I only played in Denver for two years and experienced my first trade in 1996.

Headed to Hoosier Town... I was traded to the Indiana Pacers, where Coach Larry Brown was my first coach. That year was my worst NBA experience to date. I had 15 DNP's that season and we failed to make the playoffs. The following year, I was coached by NBA Legend Larry Bird (a true role model of mine) and Assistant Coach Rick Carlisle; we went to the 1998 Eastern Conference Finals and lost to Michael Jordan & Scottie Pippen as the Bulls beat us in game seven. In the 1999 playoffs, we lost to the Knicks in the Eastern Conference Semi-Finals on the infamous four-point play when Larry Johnson was "allegedly" fouled by Antonio Davis while taking a three point shot (terrible call). My first year as a full-time starter came during the 1999-2000 season, I led the Pacers in scoring and steals and received NBA Player of the Week accolades in March. In game one of the Eastern Conference Semi-Finals, Reggie Miller and I were on fire against Philadelphia, both scoring over 40 points (rare occurrence of two teammates scoring 40+ points in same playoff game). I also led the team in scoring during the NBA finals that year and earned the NBA Most Improved Player Award. We continued our string of playoff appearances in 2000-01 under new Coach Isiah Thomas but lost to Philadelphia in the first round. During that season, I dished a career-high 20 assists against Cleveland.

Blowing into the Windy City... In February of 2002, I was traded to the Chicago Bulls who had the worst record in the league. Even though we had a losing record, I finished the season as one of the top scorers in the league dropping a career-high 44 points against Houston. During the 2002-03 season, I won numerous community service awards as well as Bulls Player of the Year accolades and the Professional Basketball Writers Association/Magic Johnson Award. I also finished that season playing a career-high 3,351 minutes (ranking second in Bulls history to Bob Love's 3,482 in 1970-71). Despite giving my all to a situation that unfortunately wasn't going anywhere at the time, I was again traded to a lottery-bound team.

Next stop T.Dot... In December of the 2003-04 season, I was traded to the Toronto Raptors. As one of the league's ironmen (286 consecutive games), I was named NBA Eastern Conference Player of the Week in February of 2005. Just before the trade deadline, the rumor mill started to churn and I was once again traded to one of the league's bottom feeders at the time. As a player, I was starting to get frustrated because this was the third consecutive trade that brought me to a team with a record worse than my current situation.

A Bite out of the Big Apple... In February of 2006, I was traded to the New York Knicks. With 26 games remaining in the season, I tried to remain optimistic and finish the season strong even though we were already statistically eliminated from the playoffs. My stay in NY was limited, but I do want to thank the city for welcoming me with open arms; especially Isiah Thomas (a lifelong role model of mine), James Dolan, Steve Mills, my teammates, the entire organization and the fans that continue to make the Garden the Mecca of basketball arenas.

I hope my fans realize that I am more than just an athlete. I have been called upon to be a leader on every team that I have played on. I am also a winner who has been privileged enough to perform on the highest levels in high school (national championship), college (NCAA Finals) and professionally (NBA Finals). I am a philanthropist and I created The Jalen Rose Foundation so that I can give back to the communities where I have lived and played basketball. I was recognized last year by Black Enterprise Magazine as one of America's Leading Individual Donor Black Philanthropists. I also understand the value of a college education and despite leaving college early, made it a priority to complete my degree at the University of Maryland in Management Studies in 2005. By majoring in Mass Communications while I was at U-M I established the platform for a career in radio, television and/or film when I finally decide to hang 'em up. I have been working on my broadcasting skills for the past five years with consistent gigs on ESPN, TNT, ABC, The Best Damn Sports Show Period, Sporting News Radio and most recently, Hoop Magazine.

As I tip-off my thirteenth NBA season, my focus is solely on winning - not just in the regular season, but in the playoffs. The last few years have been challenging for me and I've found a way to take the good with the bad. I've had numerous coaches and teammates over the past few seasons and as I join my sixth NBA team, I am excited to find a new home with the hope of some stability. I am eager to get back to a winning environment because that is what I know. God willing, I plan on playing this game for a few more years.

Being waived by the New York Knicks has created an opportunity for me to find a team to play on that will hopefully get me back into the playoffs with a realistic opportunity to win a NBA Championship. I am lucky and thankful to the numerous teams that have shown interest in me over the past few days, in particular Joe Dumars and my hometown Pistons and Pat Riley and the Miami Heat. Choosing the next chapter in my career has been difficult but I am proud to announce that I am now a member of the... PHOENIX SUNS. I look forward to getting this season started and hope to see you at the Larry O'Brian championship trophy presentation in June. The stage is set, now its time to grind!

Thank you again for all of the love and support you have given me during my career, I couldn't have made it this far without you. My official website (www.jalenrose.com) will be relaunched during the next week... remember to check back soon for my weekly blog and latest updates. Holla!

Lol, I am pacified.
    STEW BEEF!

+ Reply to Thread