+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Delvon Roe

Delvon Roe

"Right now, Michigan State is up, Michigan down, Kansas up, Carolina same and Ohio State down.

The kid likes all five, but I'm thinking his top choices are Michigan or Carolina... AAU coaches favor Michigan State, Father and a few other acquiantances favor Sparty where Mother favors Michigan or Ohio State.

Although my contention is that one of the Big Ten schools will win out, no one is out of this race of these five. Not Kansas, not Ohio State, not UNC, not Michigan, they're all going to be factors for different reasons."

This is the latest from a guy who posts on Scout UM premium, but is an OSU fan and he shares info with UM.
    What is a budkow.....isnt that something I shit out of?

Delvon you mean?

Anyway I see it coming down to MSU or UNC. I think that he's going to go to a 'power', and it is going to come down to how his parents feel, and how far away he is willing to go.

I see Michigan getting 3rd, OSU 4th, and KU 5th. I think that Michigan has done the best personally with him, but doesn't have the program, facilities, or basketball focus to actually bring him in. Also, I don't think that he'll want the bad pub. of going to the school that got sighted on a violation in recruiting him.

I've heard that he really isn't feeling OSU, and that he just feels pressure to leave them on the list.

Obviously, I'm not Delvon, so I don't really know, but we shall find out in time.

Mark Dantonio - MSU Head Coach

http://www.freerice.com

That violation was retracted because Delvon (yeah with the L) said it didnt happen. At least that is what I remember seeing later on about that.

If and it is a big if...UM makes the tourney I feel comfortable knowing that Delvon will pick UM.

Making 1 tourny in a decade gets you a top 5 recruit???

Gimme some of that shit.

If you make the sweet 16 - 50/50, Elite 8 65/35, Final Four 80/20.

I can only tell you what people who are around the situation say.

Take it for what it is worth. BTW these comments are not just from UM mods, but OSU mods also.

And from MSU, UM, and OSU mods I've heard that it is MSU's to lose, though UNC is making up a lot of ground fast, but Roe's parents are still leaning towards MSU.

I guess you missed the post where his Mom likes UM and OSU more than the other schools. His father is with State.

All basketball players that MSU is involved with are theirs to lose. I hear the same thing from UM football people. Funny how things work.

Quote Originally Posted by Artermis
    I guess you missed the post where his Mom likes UM and OSU more than the other schools. His father is with State.

All basketball players that MSU is involved with are theirs to lose. I hear the same thing from UM football people. Funny how things work.
    I agree, at least to a certain extent. I've heard how Horford, Hairston, Crawford, and more were MSU 'locks', but I am hearing this Roe stuff from the same people that said Morgan was an MSU lean when everyone just assumed he was an OSU lock, and didn't think MSU was really going after him.

These are people that seem to know their state of Ohio stuff, and have actually forseen things anti-MSU, including much of the Thad-5 + future.

Does that mean that they are right, now? Not at all. Do I trust them more then most any other prognosticator out there, at least for this I do.

From a Michigan perspective, all I have is hope. Michigan certainly deserves him. They've been watching him longer than anyone and they've done a lot for him (all within what is legal). That being said, in the end I just have my fingers crossed. The odds are stacked against them because anywhere there's recruiting, the rich tend to get richer. Basically, Michigan is in with a half dozen big men in that class (all top 50 guys). If they can get one, good. If they can get 2, great. If one of them is Roe, awesome.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

If Michigan makes the tournament, it will be huge for the program. Shows players that they are back to the point of making the tourneys.

Getting Manny Harris and Legin were huge.

Only glaring weakness UM has this year is PG and that is the only strength that MSU has. I am not saying UM will take 2 from MSU, but this is certainly the season to do so.

Yeah, the guys I am hearing stuff about are pretty much accurate. As stated, MSU is in front for now, but things are fluid in the world of college BB recruiting.

+ Reply to Thread