View Poll Results: Which Michigan defense is better?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll

2 50.00%

2 50.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Michigan Defense-1997 or 2006?

Stanton says:

Michigan's D this year is stronger than Ohio State's D last year.

Also...

Drew Tate said that Michigan was the best D they've faced yet this year after the game yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by theMUHMEshow
    Michigan's D this year is stronger than Ohio State's D last year.

Also...

Drew Tate said that Michigan was the best D they've faced yet this year after the game yesterday.
    Without a doubt. I see at least 4 first round picks on this defense. Branch, Woodley, David Harris, and Hall. Then you add in Prescott and Crable, plus Jamison and Terrance Taylor as backup D-linemen, and Ron English is pushing all the right buttons. You could easily make the case that this defense is more talented and ferocious than the '97 D.

Bottom line.....with a defense like this, we can beat ANYONE.

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

From Pat Forde's article on ESPN.com on Michigan-

"They were pretty tough. They were without a doubt the best defense we've played all year. How physical they are, their size, their speed -- we haven't seen anything like that."
    -- Iowa quarterback Drew Tate

Note: Iowa already has played Ohio State.

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

Wow! This thread is absolutely retarded. You started a thread over a simple common sense quote. Completely unnecessary. I'll let Jethro handle whether to merge this or swat it to the stands.

Yes, this is simply a bragging thread.
    STEW BEEF!

Quote Originally Posted by Moodini31
    Without a doubt. I see at least 4 first round picks on this defense. Branch, Woodley, David Harris, and Hall. Then you add in Prescott and Crable, plus Jamison and Terrance Taylor as backup D-linemen...
    I realize this wasn't the purpose of your post, but it's interesting to me.

I think there is no doubt that Branch, Woodley and Hall are all first rounders right now.

David Harris has work to do in my mind. And is going to have to have a really solid combine. He has a lot to prove to become a first round player.

And Terrence Taylor is the second best player on the line right now in my view behind Branch. I think if he is able to show continued success even after the likes of Woodley and Branch not being there he will be a top 15 pick. He will absolutley wow people at the combine too.

Mel Kuiper (who is and idiot, I know this) has Harris @ 16 on his "Big Board".

Quote Originally Posted by DrTre11
    Wow! This thread is absolutely retarded. You started a thread over a simple common sense quote. Completely unnecessary. I'll let Jethro handle whether to merge this or swat it to the stands.
    I know! I hate those threads that say things you already know! People from the rival schools must hate it! You know threads like "Midnight Madness kicks off the season!" and "Stanton a top 10 pick in '07?" and who could forget "MSU O-line: Where is the love?"

Man those stupid pride threads should be swatted right out of here!

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermy
    Mel Kuiper (who is and idiot, I know this) has Harris @ 16 on his "Big Board".
    He also has Leon Hall #4. I like Leon as much as the next guy (except Muhme, I don't have a nude poster above my bed) but he is not the #4 ranked player coming out in this draft.

I don't want to get it twisted. I think David Harris is a really good collegiate LB. I just think there are a lot of unknown with his pro status. I don't know how he is going to be able to play from sideline to sideline in the NFL. He is a great north south LB no doubt, but what if he is put into a situation where the scheme is asking him to do different things? Can you really say what Harris is in the pass game? I just think Harris has a lot to prove to become a first round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by MoTown
    I know! I hate those threads that say things you already know! People from the rival schools must hate it! You know threads like "Midnight Madness kicks off the season!" and "Stanton a top 10 pick in '07?" and who could forget "MSU O-line: Where is the love?"

Man those stupid pride threads should be swatted right out of here!
    NCAA Basketball starting is a big deal. Discussing how good a player is like Stanton or Hart is a typical thread. Starting a thread based on a single uninteresting quote is ridiculous.

+ Reply to Thread