+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The Jason Maxiell Thread

Maxiell solidifies spot as backup
    Saunders impressed as Pistons forward has 21 points, 8 rebounds.
    Chris McCosky / The Detroit News

AUBURN HILLS -- With one exhibition left, some things are becoming clear for the Pistons.

Jason Maxiell, for one, looks to be a lock to be the fourth big man in the rotation behind Nazr Mohammed, Rasheed Wallace and Antonio McDyess.

"Once again, Maxey impressed," said coach Flip Saunders, after Maxiell contributed 21 points and eight rebounds in the Pistons' impressive 101-94 victory Tuesday over the Washington Wizards. "He was a beast out there. He plays with a reckless abandon. He does a great job of fronting the post, he rebounded, he got out and altered some shots. Throughout the preseason, I can't think of one thing I've been disappointed in with him."

It was the second straight game Maxiell has posted 21 points and eight rebounds.

"I don't pay attention to the numbers," Maxiell said. "I just try to leave it on the court, no matter what."

Veteran center Dale Davis was expected to be the fourth big man this season, but he continues to be hampered by an injured left hamstring. Davis said there was a good chance he would not be ready to start the season.

The fourth big man didn't see a lot of action last season, but Saunders admitted Tuesday that it would be difficult to keep Maxiell off the floor. Maxiell, though, is not taking anything for granted.

"That's up to Flip," he said. "He knows I will play hard every second I am on the floor. I will just leave it at that."

A couple of other loose ends seemed to get tied up Tuesday. Saunders held out starters Chauncey Billups, Richard Hamilton and Wallace for several reasons.

Saunders wanted to jump-start a struggling Carlos Delfino by using him as the primary scoring option for a long stretch. Saunders did that, playing Delfino for the first 34 minutes.

"He told me (Monday) that he was tired," Saunders said. "So I decided to play him a lot. I didn't give him time to think about it."

Delfino responded with a double-double (13 points, 12 rebounds), plus six assists and four steals.

"I think that will help (his confidence) a little bit," Saunders said. "He was able to play through some things and he did a good job. He made plays."

Saunders also wanted to give Flip Murray a long look at the point guard position. Murray responded with 14 points and eight assists. Murray most likely will be the Pistons' third point guard.

"He's going to be important," Saunders said. "With him out there, we will be able to play Chauncey off the ball some. It gives us a chance to use one of our best spot-up shooters on the wing."

Lindsey Hunter, the backup point guard, made his presence felt, as well. He scored 10 points and sparked a 27-18 second quarter after the Pistons had fallen behind by 18 points in the first.

"Overall, it was a very productive game," Saunders said.

The Pistons, 5-2, will finish the exhibition season tonight against Memphis.

You can reach Chris McCosky at (313) 222-1489 or chris.mccosky@detnews.com.

Hopefully this turns out better than Darko's good pre-season last year.

It would really be awesome if we could get Mad Max, as well as Delfino and Murray as good solid players in our rotation.

Also, I recommend a healthy diet of babies, minus the mayo, for Mad Max to keep in shape for the season.

What's great is looking for a quick picture of Maxiell and finding this
    (2nd row, 2nd pic).
    Last edited by Fool; 10-25-2006 at 02:22 PM.
    STEW BEEF!

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Jason Maxiell ate this couple:

http://www.coachwillis.com/DSC00723.JPG

maxiell's hungry for the regular season
    Attached Images

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    He's signing a 2-year $5 million contract with the Tragic.

it's crazy looking back at how hype we were about dude, puts shit in perspective with the young guys currently on squad.
    k

well, it all ended when he stopped eating babies and started eating bananas and spotted dick

Quote Originally Posted by DrRay11 View Post
    well, it all ended when he stopped eating babies and started eating bananas and spotted dick
    spotted dick. i know it's food from england, but i know nothing about it because i'm scared to google it.
    k

+ Reply to Thread