+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The Jason Maxiell Thread

The Jason Maxiell Thread

Mad Max is ready to feed

In five preseason games, Mad Max is averaging:

22 min, 14.2 pts, 5.4 rebs, 1.6 blks, 57% FG, 57% FT, 10.8 FTA

During the 05-06 regular season, Maxiell would have been second only to Allen Iverson in free throw attempts per game (11.5 per game for AI)......in almost half the time, LOL. yes, it's preseason and his opponents aren't the best, but it's still damn intriguing. now, all of this isn't nearly as useful until Maxiell starts shooting in the 65-75% FT range.

but, looking at this production in 22 minutes a game is really eye opening. Flip Saunders has to at least think about giving him some bigman minutes, perhaps ahead of any that Dale Davis was going to get. his relentless rim attacking game is different than Dice or Nazr's, so that change of style could be very beneficial. could he even get some minutes against slower footed SF's in the league? sure, he might not be able to guard the quicker ones, but he'd rip apart the opposing SF's in the paint. what are your expectations of Maxiell this year? it really looks like he's ready to play and it'd be a shame to let him rot on the bench. should Flip shave off a few minutes from Dice and Nazr's PT? is Maxiell still too raw in your eyes?

Ideally, Nazr will end up fouling out by the 3rd quarter. Then Dyess and Maxy should split the remaining time.

But seriously, Nazr is going to be in foul trouble a lot, and if Dyess will still only play his 25-30 a game, I see at least 10 minutes or so for Maxiell.

Flip will play Dupree ahead of him all year after Dupree hits a fluke 3 pointer in the garbage time of the regular season opener.
    STEW BEEF!

i'd be nice to see Maxiell as a real contributor but I'll believe him getting real minutes when I see it.

I have a feeling that this team is due for a major injury this year, our clean bill of health the last few years has been pretty amazing. I know Kander and Abdenour are great, but you gotta believe someone is going to have an injury this year and Maxiell or somebody will have to step up.

Quote Originally Posted by Daviticus 2.39
    I have a feeling that this team is due for a major injury this year, our clean bill of health the last few years has been pretty amazing. I know Kander and Abdenour are great, but you gotta believe someone is going to have an injury this year and Maxiell or somebody will have to step up.
    welcome to WTFD.com, Daviticus 2.39

i wouldn't want Dice hurt, because who knows if it could be a career ending injury. Nazr hurt would suck, since he's a starter and that would mean Dice or Davis would start. unless it's a minor injury and Maxiell can get some meaningful minutes in a big game. in a perfect world, he'll play so well in his few regular season minutes that FlipS will have no choice but to find more time for him.

Blog Entries
    What the hell, I'm buying in all the way on Maxiell.

Jason Maxiell recipe
    1 part Elton Brand
    1 part Robert Traylor
    1 part Shawn Kemp
    1 part Jeffrey Dahmer
    Last edited by Glenn; 10-23-2006 at 11:48 AM.
    Find a new slant.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    What the hell, I'm buying in all the way on Maxiell.

Jason Maxiell recipe
    1 part Elton Brand-4 bricks of butter
    1 part Robert Traylor-two cups of lard
    1 part Shawn Kemp-2 liters of vodka and a bag of cheetos
    1 part Jeffrey Dahmer-8 pounds of Beef
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Look on the bright side, maybe it'll be Flip Saunders who suffers an injury. Too much twitching causes a neck problem or something.

Trade Sheed and Maxiell for Kevin Garnett.

^_^
    Hype?

+ Reply to Thread