+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Kenny Rogers - Using Pine Tar?

Blog Entries
    Mo, I think he was just using it for grip, I don't think it was coming off on the balls.
    Find a new slant.

I understand that - but grip for what? He doesn't throw with his palm. I understand they're saying he wiped his fingers on that smudge, but make that motion with your own hand - it's a little obvious - and it would wipe off after a minute. What I'm saying is - they have 500 camera angles to look at - if it shows him wiping his fingers on the smudge, wouldn't it have come out by now? I just feel like the media wants this to happen because it would give them something fun to talk about.

Not only that - he wasn't trying to hide it AT ALL. If you were blatently cheating, you'd be hiding it every chance you got.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

I'm not torn. Its cheating. Its sad. Play by the rules. This is the only time he's been any good in the playoffs, maybe this is the reason. Even if its not, it doesn't matter.
    STEW BEEF!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fool
    I'm not torn. Its cheating. Its sad. Play by the rules. This is the only time he's been any good in the playoffs, maybe this is the reason. Even if its not, it doesn't matter.
    ^right, perception = reality

It's too bad this is taking the attention off the team right now.

Gives us something else to discuss at least, lol.
    Find a new slant.

You know, Pudge kicked out the chalk in the back of the batters box. Reports now are he's done this every game in the playoffs. Why Pudge, why cheat? The rules clearly say you can not intentionally remove the line, but you've done it over and over.

Blog Entries
    They do say in baseball "if you ain't cheating, you ain't trying".
    Find a new slant.

i think bonderman or somebody else just needs to have a monster pitching game to try and push this off the page. It'll seriously better for everybody if the Tigers can put this away in 5 games before Kenny pitches again, with one or two dominating performances.
    Last edited by metr0man; 10-23-2006 at 10:22 AM.

I don't know whether it was pine tar (it actually looked like he had a case of the runs and didn't have enough TP when he wiped or something), but I doubt Rogers put it there on purpose. It would be pretty stupid to put something there like that where everyone could see it. if he was going to cheat, why not put it on his glove, or the back of his hat where he touches?

Some Cardinals players said that if you high five a guy with pine tar (that had it on his bat), you can get it on your hand that way. it would make sense considering it was on the palm of his hand (plus how fired up Rogers gets).

It didn't look like dirt to me at all. My guess is the ref asked Rogers, Rogers told him he didn't put anything on his hand and that if anything got there it was by accident, and then the ref said you better clean it off to end any speculation. Whether it was pine tar, rosin and dirt, whatever...i think it was accidental, or he would have hid it better than that.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    You guys that are thinking this was an accident or a mistake most likely haven't seen the pictures/film from his last few starts.

This was no accident, it's definitive.

He got caught brownhanded.

(sorry)
    Find a new slant.

It was cold. Maybe Rogers' has a wicked bad sinus problem.
    STEW BEEF!

+ Reply to Thread