+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Everyone Loves Delfino

Everyone Loves Delfino

Delfino's story

Reserve forward Carlos Delfino tried to set the record straight. Again, there were several stories in the foreign press over the summer in which Delfino was quoted as saying he wasn't happy in Detroit and that he would like to be traded.

He didn't actually refute the stories, but he tried to put his sentiments into perspective. The bottom line being, he just wants to play -- if not for the Pistons then for somebody else.

"If somebody talked about a trade rumor, sometimes it's because I don't care if I play for the Pistons or for my house (team)," he said. "I love basketball. I want to be a basketball player. I feel like my time to play is here and when I don't play, I am losing time. That's why I cry. - (Delfino bashers are going to have a field day with that one, lol - matt.)

"If I play for the Pistons, it's better for me and it's better for my career. But I want to play. I am not saying I don't want play here. I am saying, if I am not playing here, I wanted the opportunity to be traded to someplace where I will play. I don't want to be here if I don't play."

The Pistons are counting on him to play. They have penciled him in as the primary backup to Tayshaun Prince . But Delfino has to prove that he's worthy of the rotation spot.

"With this opportunity comes responsibility," coach Flip Saunders said. "That's what players have to understand. This isn't about just giving something to somebody. You might be given a little opportunity, but it can be taken away."
    http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll...610030350/1127

Blog Entries
    The bottom line being, he just vants to play -- if not for the Pistons then for somebody else.
    Fixed.

Chris McCosky
    Find the fire

I am not trying to pick on Carlos Delfino. I really like him as a person and I think he has the ability to be a solid NBA reserve. But, I have to admit, he frustrates me. There is something about his demeanor, his body language that's wrong. Because of the language situation and because he is mostly quiet and prefers to keep to himself, it's tough to know what's really going on inside of him. But, judging by the way he carries himself on the court, he acts like a player whose status in the NBA is a lot more set and secure than it is.

Guys like Rasheed and Chauncey and Rip, even Tayshaun, they can afford to take it slow and ease their way into the season. They are proven NBA veterans. They have won a championship. Delfino hasn't proved anything. He hasn't produced anything. He's been handed a golden opportunity this season and, maybe I am naive, but I thought that might inspire some passion from him. Not so much.

I am starting to wonder how important establishing himself in the NBA is to Delfino. You know, back on media day he made it clear he didn't really care whether he played for the Pistons, for a European league team or for his house team back in Argentina -- he just wanted to play. That sounded bad to me. I think Joe Dumars, who committed another year to Delfino (he's signed through 2007-2008), wants being a Piston to mean a little more to him than that.

Maybe I am being too harsh. Not every player can be like Jason Maxiell, who fought for a spot in the rotation this summer and through camp like his life depended on it. But it would be really intriguing to see how good Delfino could be if he played with the same fire and passion here that he does for his national team.

Quote Originally Posted by Fool
    That's why I cry.
    *edit - they changed the pic. bastages*
    (too obvious?)
    Last edited by Matt; 10-31-2006 at 07:35 AM.

Both of those posts are phenominal and shouldn't be changed.

(No the Madonna thing isn't too obvious, its hilarious.)
    STEW BEEF!

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Pissing at the pussy-powered piston... how preeeccciiiooouuussss...

He has a weird game, it's almost like he is trying to incorporate a cool image that he must uphold into his game

hes aight...hes gonna be pretty good once he shakes off the rust

+ Reply to Thread