+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Godfather

The Godfather

Game is great. Simply put, the depth of the game is more than you might expect and the fighting controls are fun. So many different ways to whoop a guys ass makes it crazy fun. I'll let Mood tell ya more, but just giving ya a heads up if you are looking for a new game. I've only played about 2 hours of it, but I'd give it a 9/10.

rollin through your neighborhood, middle finger up
    im sure the game is fun if youre a GTA fan. i get horridly bored with GTA, and as a die hard godfather movie fan i was pretty disappointed that the godfather game was just GTA with a different skin.

Quote Originally Posted by JickBoy34
    Game is great. Simply put, the depth of the game is more than you might expect and the fighting controls are fun. So many different ways to whoop a guys ass makes it crazy fun. I'll let Mood tell ya more, but just giving ya a heads up if you are looking for a new game. I've only played about 2 hours of it, but I'd give it a 9/10.
    WOW. I was blown away. That's all I can really say. JickBoy brought it over to my crib and I played it for about a half hour and I said "bought" after the first 15 seconds. I was skeptical going in, thinking it was "GTA with a different skin", but it's really not that much like GTA at all. The graphics are unbelievable and the likenesses to the characters from the movie are impeccable. The voice acting is superb with Marlon Brando doing his best Don Corleone before he passed away. The gameplay is much deeper than I thought it would be. You're able to fully customize your character from looks, to your pimp suit, to your gangster fedora. Once you join the Corleone family you're able to walk the streets in 1940's New York and extort businesses by smashing up the shop or doing the shop owner a favor. You may also bribe the Police to get down the heat on your ass. Very tight. Like I said, I didn't play for very long, but what I saw, I loved. It will be bought very soon and I'll post more later.

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

what platform did you guys play it on? i'm not a consistent gamer, so would the PC version be the same as what you guys played? better? worse?

rollin through your neighborhood, middle finger up
    sorry but it is a GTA skin, even if it has more options. same map, same menu, etc etc.

i played it on pc.

xbox 360

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Matt:PS2 for me. Oddly enough its graphics are pretty tight on ps2 also. And I have a friend who was floored by the game the same way Moodini was when i brought it by his way to check it o0ut.

UxKa:you're entitled to your take. But I can't agree like everyone else. Its not anywhere near a "gta skin". you seem bent on writing it off as such. But its more comparable to that "mafia" game, yet its by far waaayyyyyy better. And alot of the things in it say it was EA's attempt to make a better game than Mafia with a real mafia movie license behind it. liking gta wont sell you on this game. the two people i know that have it hate gta. what sells them on it, and what its meant to sell people on, is if you like the godfather movie. if you love the godfather movie, its pretty easy to love the game for all the original voices and liknesses they brought in.

oddly enough the game purposely rips off the mafia game(but does a better job) and the punisher game(thats where they got the interrogation factor idea). but gta would be the last thing i'm comparing it to.

thats just my take. UxKa is definately entitled to his and different opinions are always helpful in choosing a game. there is no game that everybody likes.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

sweet. i freakin' love the Godfather movies. i might have to pick this game up. i remember when it was in development i was interested. this'll probably give me an excuse to finally upgrade my video card.

now the question is.......can i make an asian mobster?

"leave the samurai sword. take the cannolis."

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    don't know, i haven't gone through all the face changing options.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Well the options are pretty unlimited and I remember at one point running across and eye-angle tweak so that could make him asian I guess.

+ Reply to Thread