+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 28
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Lions Draft 2007

Yeah, I think we know for sure that whenever we do draft our next QB, he needs to sit on the bench at least 8 games, but ideally about 2 seasons.

Beyond that, many players taken in early rounds probably can contribute right away - maybe not linemen or MLB, but many other positions could. But we really do need to go ahead and scrap next year if necessary for the sake of player development.

But seriously, we all know that none of it matters if Millen is here, and we all know that Ford's balls are too wrinkled to be useful and Millen won't be canned.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

one might argue, too, that it doesnt matter if we fire millen, so long as the guy who hired millen also hires the next guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    Wow, 3 Wolverines in the top 10? How did we not win the freaking National Title?

See Moodini get pissed off all over again.

BTW, I hate the Brady Quinn pick. I think he's vastly overrated due to Charlie's "chuck it" offense and their super soft schedule. I like "AD" Peterson or Joe Thomas.
    Last edited by Moodini31; 12-13-2006 at 09:36 PM.

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodini31
    Wow, 3 Wolverines in the top 10? How did we not win the freaking National Title?

See Moodini get pissed off all over again.

BTW, I hate the Brady Quinn pick. I think he's vastly overrated due to Charlie's "chuck it" offense and their super soft schedule. I like "AD" Peterson or Joe Thomas.
    Fuck yes on that. I could be convinced that Gaines Adams should be the pick, and frankly Calvin Johnson would make sense(though my brain would probably explode over 4 WR's in 5 years).

We need a GM first and foremost.

Mark Dantonio - MSU Head Coach

http://www.freerice.com

I think we should go O line with thomas, there really doesnt seem to be a defensive playmaker. As we saw with Pinner and the Vikings, a good O line ( and playing the lions) is all you need to run the football. Give Kitna or whoever the QB is some time (Thomas=Orlando pace?) and watch how good martz offense looks
    Destiny

rollin through your neighborhood, middle finger up
    I dont want to start a new thread over this question, so Ill just hijack this one for (hopefully) a short couple posts. A lot of Cowboy boards are talking about DE Woodley from UM. Quick opinion? A lot of people are also talking about Breaston in the 2nd or 3rd round. To stay on topic, Im backing all posts about Joe Thomas, guy is a beast.

In the NFL Breaston will be Eddie Drummond minus 30 lbs. Would you use a 2nd or 3rd for that? I would hope not, unless the rest of your team is so complete and deep that all you need is field position.

As for Woodley, in spite of all he has won I've still seen a number of mocks that rate him outside the 1st round. Others he has been as high as 12-15. Here's what you want to know. He'll improve every year. He's pretty quick but he won't be a Dwight Freeney. He's going to make some big plays and he'll rarely get burned. He has a motor. If DE is your need and Gaines is gone, he's probably the next best unless you're trying to specialize the guy. At 6'3" you could find someone taller, and you could probably find someone faster, but he's a good all-around DE if you're picking in the 20's and that's your biggest need.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

I'm going to say no to Thomas. There's just something about Wisconsin offensive linemen that scares me.

I can't quite put my finger on it....

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

Blog Entries
    There was a report on benmaller.com yesterday that claimed that the Lions' scouts have already been in contact with Brady Quinn's high school coach.
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by b-diddy
    i think it would be a huge mistake to draft for next year. we have to face reallity, we have a foundation of shit. we only have a handful of quality nfl players. so even if (huge if) we had a dream offseason, we're not going to go anyplace special next year. and imo, you can ignore the 'system' talk too. martz is gone after this year or next. who knows when marinelli gets axed.

so i disagree with your statement about not drafting peterson due to our offense.

i say, unless injuries are a true concern, take him, and build a team around a star rb. i agree the best thing we could do is draft an 0-lineman, but thats assuming we'd do other things right, too. i dont have that kind of faith. just get me a stud RB, build him a decent line and cast around him, and i dont give a shit if we go 5-11 forever. just something to amuse me.
    I don't understand, these seem to contradict each other. If we draft Peterson, wouldn't we be drafting for next year? The only reason to take Peterson is that you are worried KJ won't play next year and you can't wait another year. That, or you feel he is that superior to KJ. But then you risk being able to trade KJ because of injury concerns. Also, it took KJ almost two years to find his grove with being patient for holes, etc.

I think you build your lines and hope KJ comes back. Look at Denver. their system and OL produced those RB's. A good RB behing a crap OL doesn't work.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

+ Reply to Thread