+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 28
FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 LastLast

Thread: Lions Draft 2007

By the way, a couple names I like for 4th round if they're still available are Matt Spaeth (TE - Minnesota) and Daymeion Hughes (CB - Cal).
    We had subs. It was crazy.

I can't believe Hughes has dropped this far. Maybe because of his slow 40 time, but corners in Marinelli's defense don't have to have top flight 40's. We are looking for bigger corners that are physical.
    Destiny

About Gerald Alexander, watch the video of what he does to Utah RB

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqHsB485mKM

^^Both players were straight up.

Good God, I didn't think Millen could be any more retarded.

Ok, I'm sure I'm just eating cornbread, but from the online searching I've been doing I'm starting to like these guys. I'm almost positive this is all Marinelli.
    First, with Alama-Francis, there are two things I love about him. Former college basketball player and son of an NFL player. Former college hoops cats have done extremely well in the NFL, and the bloodline is another plus. He was coached by former NFL coaches at Hawaii in June Jones and Jerry Glanville, so I think he could make an impact here.
    As for Alexander, it sounds like he is custom-made to play corner in the Tampa 2 defense. Marinelli must have been so high on him that it was well worth moving up just so he could sleep tonight.

I agree that these are decent players, i'm just bitching about WHERE they were taken. Alama-Francis is fine where he was taken but I really feel that Alexander was taken way, Way, WAY too early. He was pegged to go late in the third at the earliest. It's too late now but overall I thing that it was a solid day one draft. I'd give the Lions a B and that's really good for a Lions draft!!!!!!!!

I didn't understand why we didn't trade one of those thirds with a 5th or something to grab Durant in the 2nd. We still have no MLB.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

not exactly a draft guru, but millen's choices in rnds 2-7 illustrate nicely, i think, why i was uninterested in trading down for additional picks.

diddy, I am not a draft guru either, but I think Millen continues to demonstrate that as a general manager, he demonstrates all the skill, poise, and intelligence of a mall security cop.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

Fair enough diddy. I can certainly understand. I'm a bit upset that I've never heard of anyone after Stanton before, and while I like Stanton's heart, I really thought there were bigger needs and better fits in the 2nd round.

Now, while I say that. I was extremely upset with last years draft and yet Sims and Bullocks look like they could be really good. While the rest were depth chart fodder, at least most of them made the roster. Surprisingly, it was actually a guy from USC that was the lone one off the depth chart at the end of the season.

What I'm saying is the fact that I don't love some of the picks or don't recognize them may be a good thing. I've loved some of the previous drafts that produced the biggest busts. Unless CJ becomes a bust, most of this draft could only be a pleasant surprise at this point, right?

+ Reply to Thread