+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 28
FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Lions Draft 2007

I like Chris's idea but the chances of that actually happening for the lions is slim-none.

And slim just left town.

Here's why I like the trading-down idea. Millen is capable of screwing up 5-6 picks per draft. So what's the logical solution? Give him 8-9 picks. He MUST get 3 right that way. You can miss on 1 guy per round in the first and second. But given 4 chances, the numbers suggest you'll find a guy that will help anchor his side of the ball for a decade.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

Welcome to Detroit...Oregon. Home to Detroit Lake and nothing else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zip Goshboots
    Yes, that's the thing to do: get "Marinelli types", so they can all stand around playing with their dicks when he gets fired somewhere around week 8 when the Lions have failed to win even one game.
    I know this is way premature, but this may very well be the post of the thread.

I can't stop laughing.

My personal opinion: draft Joe Thomas, see if you can completely rebuild your O-line, and maybe pick up a secondary player along the way.

Mike Williams and Josh McCown weren't at the mini-camp today. I say give the Raiders those two, plus our 2nd and 3rd for their 2nd, 3rd, and 5th. It moves us up one spot in the 2nd and 3rd rounds while increasing the chances of us picking the entire 5th round.

It would have to be more like:
    We give those two and our second
    They give us the second, third, and fifth

I wouldn't want to give up those two just to move up a spot in the second and third round and pick up some scrub in the 5th. We can get better.

I'd give them both players and a couple 5ths for their 3rd and 4th rounders.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Zekyl, keep in mind that Mike Williams is cut if not traded. A 7th round pick is better than what we would otherwise get for him. As for McCown, has he proved to be better than Joey? ALL we got for Joey was a 5th, that could have been a 6th. There is no way we get a 3rd for either of them or both. The value of moving up one pick in the 2nd is essentially like moving into the 1st round. Moving up in the 3rd shouldn't be underestimated too much either. The 5th round pick is the one that dictates the real value.

My real goal here is for the Lions to gain more value all around. If we do it right, we can deal picks and dirsgrunteld players enough to end up with 5 solid players the first day and a collection of training camp competitors the second day.

I would take any picks for them. You can always take a flyer on some player and hope you get a Brady or Colston out of the late picks. If not, oh well. They aren't part of our plans here anyway.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

You have a good point Jethro. You're probably right but I still think we could do a BIT better though. Maybe we give them those two guys and our 2nd and 4th or 5th for their 2nd and 3rd, or we give them the players, 2nd and 3rd and they give us a 2,3,4 instead of 2,3,5. I'm always looking for the best possible deal though, so I'm probably over-valuing what we have.

Commander come QUICK!
    What, what is it, Lieutenant Nynbrdkmz?
    Well, Commander Qrwsdfxcz, we've descended into the atmosphere of a little blue planet, and we're picking up a communique between some of the inhabitants
    Lieutenant Nynbrdkmz, put that up on the speaker!
    OK, sir
    "So, if they trade a 3rd for a late 4th and give up the 2nd spot in the 6th, we may get a 2nd, and a 4th, plus an extra 5th before they go first!
    Holy Great Yrwdpcvgfr of Gymtghrwqszfrwt! These inhabitants are discussing draft picks in the NFL!
    Sir, shal we do what we did to that planetoid in the Foytreed Galactic Interspheroid Zone?
    No. These people won't pose any threat to anyone but themselves. They're harmless. Just make sure their cable TV never goes on the fritz.
    Roger that, Sir!
    Leutenant Nynbrdkmz, take us out of here, warp factor 6. I hear James T Kirk is partying out in the Gegfregian Loop near the Dog Star Sirius! AND, the place is LOADED with green chicks!
    Wwwweeeebbbbbbooooooooo......
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

+ Reply to Thread