+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Report: Terrell Owens attempted suicide

Report: Terrell Owens attempted suicide

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2604395

DALLAS -- Terrell Owens was taken to the emergency room Tuesday night after suffering an adverse reaction to painkillers taken for treatment of his fractured hand, a source close to Owens told ESPN's Ed Werder.

"This is not serious," Owens' publicist Kim Etheridge said in Wednesday's online edition of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.

A report earlier Tuesday stated that Owens would practice with the team Wednesday and possibly play Sunday at Tennessee, but his availability this week and beyond is now uncertain.
    UPDATE: just heard on Mike & Mike on ESPN2 that the Dallas Star is saying it might have been a suicide attempt?!!

http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/15620551.htm

T.O. tried suicide, report says

By MAC ENGEL and CLARENCE E. HILL JR.

Star-Telegram Staff Writers

Cowboys receiver Terrell Owens ingested a large amount of prescription pain medication in a suicide attempt, according to a Dallas police report quoted by WFAA/Channel 8.
    The report indicates that when police asked Owens if he had tried to harm himself, he said yes, the station reported.
    A team source said Tuesday night that Owens had suffered an allergic reaction to pain medication Tuesday night and was admitted to Baylor Medical Center.
    Owens left the hospital early this morning and police said they would make a statement during "working hours." A news conference will be held later today, police said.

Blog Entries
    Whoa.

*Paging Ron Artest. Ron Artest, please pick up the white courtesy phone*
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...x.html?cnn=yes

Report: Owens attempted suicide

WFAA-TV in Dallas is reporting that Cowboys wide receiver Terrell Owens attempted to commit suicide Tuesday night.

According to a Dallas Police report obtained by the station, Owens was depressed and reportedly took prescription pain pills.

WFAA says the report states a woman companion said that she observed Owens putting two pills in his mouth. The woman said the prescription of 40 pills was filled on September 18 and -- until Tuesday -- Owens had taken only five pills. The police report said Owens was asked if he had taken the rest of the prescription; Owens said, "Yes."
    Find a new slant.

Argg. There goes my fantasy team. way to think of yourself.

rollin through your neighborhood, middle finger up
    shit. that sucks. too bad that he sank that low. i dont think the artest comment is fair, big diff between hurting yourself and hurting other people. aside from being a cowboy fan i hope hes ok and can get his life situated. on one hand im thinking he should take the season off to do that, on the other i think scoring a few touchdowns would help him a lot.

Blog Entries
    As far as the Artest comment, what I was trying to say is Ronnie better watch it or this is the path he'll be heading down next.

Hopefully he takes notice.

Well, honestly, I don't care if he does or not.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    ESPN just updated their story

Police report: Owens hospitalized after suicide attempt

ESPN.com news services

DALLAS -- Flamboyant Dallas Cowboys receiver Terrell Owens attempted suicide by overdosing on pain medication, even putting two more pills into his mouth after a friend intervened, according to a police report obtained by The Associated Press on Wednesday.

A Dallas police report released Wednesday morning said Owens told a friend "that he was depressed." The report was first released by WFAA-TV.

The friend, who is not identified in the report, "noticed that [his] prescription pain medication was empty and observed [Owens] putting two pills in his mouth," the police report said.

The friend attempted to pry them out with her fingers, then was told by Owens that before this incident he'd taken only five of the 40 pain pills in the bottle he'd emptied. Owens was asked by rescue workers "if he was attempting to harm himself, at which time [he] stated, 'Yes.'"

KTVT-TV in Dallas reported that a woman named "Etheridge", likely his publicist Kim Etheridge, called police at 7:51 p.m. to report a suicide attempt. KTVT-TV reported that Owens ingested 35 pills.

Owens left the hospital early this morning, The Fort Worth Star-Telegram reported. A hospital spokeswoman told The Associated Press early Wednesday there was no patient registered as Terrell Owens, although federal privacy laws allow people to block their name from being released.

Dallas police officials would neither confirm nor deny details of the report but said there was no criminal case pending. The Cowboys have called a 2:30 p.m. ET news conference.
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaro
    As far as the Artest comment, what I was trying to say is Ronnie better watch it or this is the path he'll be heading down next.

Hopefully he takes notice.

Well, honestly, I don't care if he does or not.
    with Ronald, i think we'd be more fearful of him NOT taking his crazy pills.....

Click the image to view the full version
    The image above has been resized. Click on it to see the full version.

wow.

TO has all the symptoms of being manic-depressant, so this isnt out of the blue, i guess. but still, dude has it all.

+ Reply to Thread