+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Wii preview video

Nintendo Wii preview video

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/topics...ie/lineup.html

i'm not a video game junkie, but that looks like it might be real fun.

i can only imagine what basketball and football games might be like, with that remote control thing.

Just kickin' back on the seven seas of smoothness.
    Call me lazy, but I would rather push buttons while playing video games than actually having to physically move my controller around.

Quote Originally Posted by bangpow
    Call me lazy, but I would rather push buttons while playing video games than actually having to physically move my controller around.
    that is pretty lazy

but seriously, i think the games have to really be compelling enough to overcome the "i feel stupid waving the controller around" thoughts.

remember the Powerglove from the old NES?

Just kickin' back on the seven seas of smoothness.
    Yeah, all those peripherals were terrible. Robby the robot, the light gun, the glove, and other crap that I can't think of failed miserably.

Quote Originally Posted by bangpow
    Yeah, all those peripherals were terrible. Robby the robot, the light gun, the glove, and other crap that I can't think of failed miserably.
    i remember robbie the robot........that Gyromite game was pretty fun back then, lol.

i used to always cheat and just push the buttons on teh other controller

The light gun didn't fail, that's why its been recreated on every console since. The others simply didn't work or didn't do anything worthwhile and deserved to crash and burn. The glove didn't work anything like consumers hoped, you ended up just using it like a controller stapled to your arm.
    STEW BEEF!

what about the powerpad? endless hours of joy for me.

i dont plan on getting a new system, but if the wii gets great reviews i'd probably pick that up.

i do think its a concern about moving the controller around. maybe it wont get tiring, but it might get repetitive and boring.

i think it opens alot of doors, though. like, maybe it'll be a steering wheel for mario kart and fzero, that would be cool.

rollin through your neighborhood, middle finger up
    for some games it will be awesome, for others i hope they come out with a controller. theres also talk of a VR helmet that will also have IR sensors on it. i read in one article a while back that you will be able to scan an area of a room onto the wii, and make your own games on the wii. so from what i gather, you could scan part of your livingroom in and make a game where monsters pop out from behind your tv, couch, table, etc. that would be pretty fun because if you see the couch in VR, and need to dodge a monster, you could actually jump on the couch lol

Quote Originally Posted by UxKa
    for some games it will be awesome, for others i hope they come out with a controller. theres also talk of a VR helmet that will also have IR sensors on it. i read in one article a while back that you will be able to scan an area of a room onto the wii, and make your own games on the wii. so from what i gather, you could scan part of your livingroom in and make a game where monsters pop out from behind your tv, couch, table, etc. that would be pretty fun because if you see the couch in VR, and need to dodge a monster, you could actually jump on the couch lol
    There will be. You'll also be able to turn the wireless remote on it's side and use it as a controller.

That's just a prototype, but you get the idea.
    Last edited by Comrade; 09-15-2006 at 08:00 AM.

I liked this one better, did they scap it?

Click the image to view the full version
    The image above has been resized. Click on it to see the full version.
    STEW BEEF!

+ Reply to Thread