+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: OGT: Michigan @ Notre Dame

First of all, I'll give some major props to Michigan. I was wrong about this game (with the rest of the world).

Jethro, I already gave you props for sticking your neck out there. And I'll give you props for being right.

But, I'm giving you a grain of props because you have picked Michigan to win every single game for the past three seasons, therefore, I think you are going to get some right. I don't know if I can attribute the prediction to knowledge if you pick your team every single game.

Regardless, Michigan looked very good. I'm glad you guys embarrassed them for my Spartans. It can't hurt our chances next week.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrTre11

Regardless, Michigan looked very good. I'm glad you guys embarrassed them for my Spartans. It can't hurt our chances next week.
    Actually we made it worse for you. They'll be extra serious about staying in the BCS hunt. More desperation.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

I disagree. I understand your logic. However, I bet they realize they have next to no shot at the NC which was their goal coming into the season (not a bcs game). I think the Irish are going to be very down the next few days if not the whole next week. Instead of thinking about how MSU planted their flag on their home turf last year, I think they are going to be doing lots of should ofs, could ofs all week.

Had the Irish won, I think their confidence would have been sky high and Weis would have immediately reminded them of last year and got their focus. Don't underestimate the value of confidence. There are plenty of players whose confidence is shaken after yesterday (Quinn more than anyone) and players do not play as well when they don't have confidence. You did us a favor, trust me. Not that it matters though, we've won this game 7 of the last 9 times and it only led to a mental collapse later.

Thats homerism. And too long a paragraphs worth.

Teams are notorious for trying with hard desperation to beat up on the next opponent to get their respect back. If you expect a worn out, sappy, not all there ND team. You're in for a surprise. You go from "ND is great" to "ND is weak dog waiting to get hurt more".

ND may lose another game, but i dont think MSU would be the team to stop them. MSU defense isnt as good as U of M, and Chucky Weiss will have plenty of gimmicks to throw at you.

Good Luck, but you'll have to beat a seriously focused ND team.
    ^

Generally you put quotation marks around something that somebody actually said. Where did I say ND is a weak dog waiting to get hurt more? All I said was ND's confidence has to be shaken and that will help. What part of that is homerism? If I sound like a homer, you sound like a UM fan that doesn't like State.

ND will be a super tough team to beat, we will have to play terrific to knock them off, and I wouldn't put money on it. However, I'm sick of UM fans talking like the odds of MSU beating ND are comparable to winning the lottery every year. I heard the same shit last year before we beat ND AGAIN.

Let's not get into a UM-MSU comparison with your "MSU's D isn't as good as UM's" because

1) UM is better than Michigan State, I'm not arguing that
    2) If we are comparing than I could say MSU's Offense is better than UM's O
    3) This is getting way off topic haha

Quote Originally Posted by Gutz Gatsu
    Thats homerism. And too long a paragraphs worth.

Teams are notorious for trying with hard desperation to beat up on the next opponent to get their respect back. If you expect a worn out, sappy, not all there ND team. You're in for a surprise. You go from "ND is great" to "ND is weak dog waiting to get hurt more".

ND may lose another game, but i dont think MSU would be the team to stop them. MSU defense isnt as good as U of M, and Chucky Weiss will have plenty of gimmicks to throw at you.

Good Luck, but you'll have to beat a seriously focused ND team.
    I look at Auburn the year they went 7-5 or 8-4 before they went undefeated, National Championship hopes, looking to reclaim past glory, gets popped, falls apart for a couple weeks, then pulls it together for a good finish that carries into next year. That's how I see ND, I think that they lose to MSU and Purdue/UCLA, along with USC at the end. But destroying everyone after that 3rd loss, and takes USC to the brink. Maybe they don't lose that middle game due to poor competition, but basically that's how I see it playing out for them.

Mark Dantonio - MSU Head Coach

http://www.freerice.com

Quote Originally Posted by DrTre11
    Generally you put quotation marks around something that somebody actually said. Where did I say ND is a weak dog waiting to get hurt more? All I said was ND's confidence has to be shaken and that will help. What part of that is homerism? If I sound like a homer, you sound like a UM fan that doesn't like State.

ND will be a super tough team to beat, we will have to play terrific to knock them off, and I wouldn't put money on it. However, I'm sick of UM fans talking like the odds of MSU beating ND are comparable to winning the lottery every year. I heard the same shit last year before we beat ND AGAIN.

Let's not get into a UM-MSU comparison with your "MSU's D isn't as good as UM's" because

1) UM is better than Michigan State, I'm not arguing that
    2) If we are comparing than I could say MSU's Offense is better than UM's O
    3) This is getting way off topic haha
    True, MSU's O is better than UM's, so ND would have to score 50 plus. Not that I think that MSU's got a gimme, but I think that they can, and should if they play well.

1.)i dispute your offense being better, maybe as good in its own way, but not better.
    2.)i wasnt getting off topic, my point was being made. MSU isnt beating ND. atleast not a let down ND.
    3.)Its still funny that MSU can beat them when you said UM couldnt. Your team assessments are based on who they beat? I see no wonder you thought ND would smash UM.
    ^

Michigan State has the mental edge over ND right now. I would love to see State take out Notre Dame (again). MSU can beat ND, and being at home, I think the just might.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutz Gatsu
    1.)i dispute your offense being better, maybe as good in its own way, but not better.
    2.)i wasnt getting off topic, my point was being made. MSU isnt beating ND. atleast not a let down ND.
    3.)Its still funny that MSU can beat them when you said UM couldnt. Your team assessments are based on who they beat? I see no wonder you thought ND would smash UM.
    Never said that UM couldn't beat ND.

And MSU's O was ranked higher last year, and both didn't lose much. And that was with Stanton having a broken thumb.

+ Reply to Thread