+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: OGT: Michigan @ Notre Dame

Okay, lets see... Michigan always loses its road opener. Michigan always loses to Notre Dame on the road. These statements were thrown out there on Around the Horn>> "It won't be close (ND wins)" "This one isn't even worth talking about (ND wins)" "Michigan hasn't been on the national scene for a few years"

All of those things are exactly why I'm hesitant to pick what my brain and heart tells me to pick. All signs point to a ND victory and maybe a convincing ND victory. But, I don't like everyone picking against Michigan and people laughing this one off. It will give Michigan incentive if they really needed any more. I can't let that deter me though...

Notre Dame- 31
    Michigan- 20

ND gets one defensive score that ends up being a stake in the heart.

Hey fellas

I moved some of the posts from the last page in the CMU game thread because they had more to do with Notre Dame. I apologize if there were more that should be moved or anything like that, but get off me.

I haven't had any time at all this week and the browsers at the high school I'm teaching at block all message boards, so I can't even get on between classes, during lunch, or during prep.

This game. Wow. It's huge, that's for sure. The only bigger game Saturday is Auburn-LSU. People are spoon feeding the victory to Notre Dame.

Whatever. This game was as close as two teams can play for most of the time last year. Obviously both teams are better, but there is no evidence to suggest Notre Dame has improved more than Michigan. Both teams still have weaknesses. The advantage Notre Dame has is that they have more blowout ability. Could they win in a blowout? Yes. Could they win a close game? Yes. Could Michigan win a close game? Yes. Could Michigan blow out Notre Dame? I really doubt it.

But Michigan is pissed. They will be ready and they WILL punch Notre Dame in the mouth. I'm predicting a Michigan victory, 27-21.

There, I said it. Everyone that doubted whether or not I would come with it is silenced. If we lose, bring it on. I'll show up and take it as soon as I can - but that won't likely be very soon because my schedule isn't getting any lighter. You all knew this was coming for me, and it's a big reason (not necessarily the only one) that I'm not in the Syndicate.

Anyhow, if Michigan wins my gloating will be limited. I won't be saying I told you Michigan was the far better team, because I think the two are very close. What I WILL be saying is I told you so to the people that hate on Michigan's ability to win a big game. If Michigan loses I will shoot Jeff Samardjia and Tom Zbikowski.

Oh, and please don't ever claim that something from "Around The Horn" is a valid point. We all know that more worthless comments are spewed on that show than any other sports show not named First and Ten.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

What do Notre Dame (3), UCLA, Washington, Oregon and Wisconsin have in common? You all know.

Notre Dame 42-Michigan 14
    Destiny

im trying to not let my hopes get up, but im loving the position michigan is in this week.

everyone is picking ND. ND couldnt have had a more glorious week than their last.

i know i said ND had the advantage, having played real competition. but UM hasnt showed its hand yet, and we have every incentive in the world to go down there and kick their ass.

im scared of michigan going down early. if we go down 10 or more in the first quarter, lloyd will abandon the run and we'll be fucked, ala last year.

but i agree with guts, i think the talent level with these two teams is pretty even. and if things work out even slightly in our favor, we should win.

Wow Jethro! UM will punch ND in the mouth? Very Bold. I'll give you props for a bold prediction.

You said you don't have any proof that ND has improved more than Michigan? How about the fact that they dominated Penn State more than UM dominated Vandy and CMU. That is some pretty significant proof.

Quote Originally Posted by DrTre11
    Wow Jethro! UM will punch ND in the mouth? Very Bold. I'll give you props for a bold prediction.

You said you don't have any proof that ND has improved more than Michigan? How about the fact that they dominated Penn State more than UM dominated Vandy and CMU. That is some pretty significant proof.
    Final score of Notre Dame v Penn State = 41-17
    Final score of Michigan v Central Mich = 41-17
    So what were you saying?
    They almost lost to unranked Georgia Tech. The Penn State team they beat didn't exactly destroy Akron. Notre Dame is definitely beatable.

So, what happened to your proof?

And by the way, it is possible for me and you to both be right to some extent. Michigan can punch ND in the mouth and still lose. Dumb penalties, special teams mistakes, turnovers and a key missed assignment or two can swing a game big time. But win or lose, Notre Dame is going to have all they can handle tomorrow.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

What are you talking about? You just provided my proof for me.

Michigan played against Central Freaking Michigan and won 41-17.

Notre Dame played against defending Big Ten Champion #19 in the nation Penn State and beat them by the same margain. And that game was a blowout from the second it started.

It's amazing how you'll try to twist things.

According to you, those two scores being the same means nothing in favor of ND? Once again, wow.

Wolverines by 11

Blog Entries
    Wow, what a wild start.
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread