+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6
FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: OGT: Michigan @ Notre Dame

A week ago, Tre has ND as the #1 team in the country and now he's got them at 2-2? I think ND is going to be as pissed off as ever after Michigan nearly ending their hopes for a National Championship and don't think for a second that every ND player forgot the flag incident.

OK, I haven't been on here much lately, so I need to put in my 2 cents on the big game. I haven't seen Michigan play that well since 1997. Seriously. Michigan outplayed ND in every facet of the game. I don't think ND played their best game, but I think that was because of how amazing Michigan played. The defensive heat rattled Brady Quinn early and he was looking over his shoulder all day long.

It was evident that Michigan was clearly not showing anything in their 2 previous games vs. the jickboyz. They came out trying to run the ball down ND's throat, while being aggressive and throwing the ball downfield to Super Mario. Besides the first INT, Henne played a perfect game. I haven't seen him show touch like that since he's been a Wolverine. Awesome.

I can't say enough about the defense. Ron English is looking like Jim Hermann in '97. The defense is being very aggressive and utilizing their freakish athletes. Shawn Crable is putting heat on the passer on every down, Woodley is leading the NCAA in sacks, the D-line is pressuring the QB without the blitz, Burgess is playing like the 5 star he was supposed to be, and Leon Hall is a legit All-American. This is what I like the most. Michigan's D is for real, and if you have an amazing defense, you can beat anyone.

To sum it up, it just feels good to hear national media saying "Michigan is back", Herbstreit saying "This Michigan team is for real", hearing them being discussed as a national title contender, and every web page I've been to in the last 2 days, I've seen Wolverines celebrating in Notre Dame Stadium.

Saturday will be a real test. If we can come off the high of beating ND and take care of a tough Wisconsin team, look out.

Hail to the Victors!

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

Quote Originally Posted by detroitsportscity
    True, MSU's O is better than UM's, so ND would have to score 50 plus. Not that I think that MSU's got a gimme, but I think that they can, and should if they play well.
    Yeah, that's how it works. Nevermind that 14 of Michigan's 47 were scored by the defense and 10 more were set up by the defense creating turnovers and the offense starting on Notre Dame's side of the field (once on the ND 5 yardline).

That said, I would have picked the Spartans before this weekend and Notre Dame didn't do anything to change that (confidence and revenge only go so far).
    STEW BEEF!

I'm sorry but some of you Wolverines are absolutely retarded. Can you R E A D?!

DrTre11 wrote: "ND will be a super tough team to beat, we will have to play terrific to knock them off, and I wouldn't put money on it."

Moodini follows it up with: "A week ago, Tre has ND as the #1 team in the country and now he's got them at 2-2?"

Is it that hard to read my posts? I specifically say that I wouldn't bet on MSU winning and then Moodini posts that. Unbelievable.

Okay, maybe retarded was a little harsh, but c'mon! Can we read before we post please.

Quote Originally Posted by Jethro34
    I'm here to talk about the game. Where is everyone else? Everyone in the world was picking Notre Dame, right? So that means MOLA and I are the only ones that were right. If I didn't take so much crap before the game, I wouldn't be here to gloat. But I did, so I am.
    I expect some serious confessions. Michigan is for real. You all said it, Notre Dame was a great team right? Well, we dominated them from the third play to the last. What do you have to say?
    and i don't know how to quote multiple quotes... but you also said
    BEFORE THE GAME... which is HUGE PROPS TO YOU...

"But Michigan is pissed. They will be ready and they WILL punch Notre Dame in the mouth."

you did it my friend and you now have every right to gloat... but only because it was such a spanking and utter total domination.

I definitely think ND walked off their field with the taste of blood in their respective mouths.

Now if only Roy Williams WR- Lions could take some lessons on when and when not to speak... then the world of Michigan sport might be a much happier place.
    Last edited by slydiggity; 09-18-2006 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodini31
    OK, I haven't been on here much lately, so I need to put in my 2 cents on the big game. I haven't seen Michigan play that well since 1997. Seriously. Michigan outplayed ND in every facet of the game. I don't think ND played their best game, but I think that was because of how amazing Michigan played. The defensive heat rattled Brady Quinn early and he was looking over his shoulder all day long.

It was evident that Michigan was clearly not showing anything in their 2 previous games vs. the jickboyz. They came out trying to run the ball down ND's throat, while being aggressive and throwing the ball downfield to Super Mario. Besides the first INT, Henne played a perfect game. I haven't seen him show touch like that since he's been a Wolverine. Awesome.

I can't say enough about the defense. Ron English is looking like Jim Hermann in '97. The defense is being very aggressive and utilizing their freakish athletes. Shawn Crable is putting heat on the passer on every down, Woodley is leading the NCAA in sacks, the D-line is pressuring the QB without the blitz, Burgess is playing like the 5 star he was supposed to be, and Leon Hall is a legit All-American. This is what I like the most. Michigan's D is for real, and if you have an amazing defense, you can beat anyone.

To sum it up, it just feels good to hear national media saying "Michigan is back", Herbstreit saying "This Michigan team is for real", hearing them being discussed as a national title contender, and every web page I've been to in the last 2 days, I've seen Wolverines celebrating in Notre Dame Stadium.

Saturday will be a real test. If we can come off the high of beating ND and take care of a tough Wisconsin team, look out.

Hail to the Victors!
    Wow, what a difference a game makes. You were hating on Michigan's play calling a week ago. You told me you thought ND would absolutely work Michigan. Now you are talking referring to 97 and title hopes.

one thing that bothers me still is braeston. coaching staff needs to figure him out. he's way to big of a telent to be so ineffective.

if he cant catch, he probably shouldnt be a reciever. i dont know about converting him to CB (especially at this point in the season), but there are ways he could still be a homerun threat on offense, we just got to find the right way to get him the ball.

one thing michigan did in drew henson era well was run alot of reverses. you could count on one or two big gains a game with a reverse. i think braeston would be an ideal candidate for that role.

Anthony?

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

Quote Originally Posted by DrTre11
    Wow, what a difference a game makes. You were hating on Michigan's play calling a week ago. You told me you thought ND would absolutely work Michigan. Now you are talking referring to 97 and title hopes.
    I got swindled just like the Irish did. I thought it was going to be the same old vanilla offense like the first 2 games, but I was fooled just like ND was, and I gotta admit, I feeeeel it. The aggressiveness was sweet. Mike DeBord and Ron English booooyeee!

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodini31
    I got swindled just like the Irish did. I thought it was going to be the same old vanilla offense like the first 2 games, but I was fooled just like ND was, and I gotta admit, I feeeeel it. The aggressiveness was sweet. Mike DeBord and Ron English booooyeee!
    Why is it that you try to call me out on the State threads, but it is okay for you to make GIANT flip flops every single week with every single team you root for in every single sport?

The self admitted King of hot and cold tries to call out DrTre for flip flopping. Interesting.

+ Reply to Thread