+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dumars HOF thread

Dumars HOF thread

dumars is officially going to be inducted into the basketball hall of fame tonight i believe.

i don't know if nba tv or anyone else is covering the ceremony and speeches, etc. but i would LOVE to hear isiah introduce him and to hear what joe says himself.

if anyone gets to watch please add your comments here.

here's a short tribute to joe which brings back great memories. feel free to add your own:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mul...content.1.html

Blog Entries
    It's on NBA TV.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    I wonder if Laimbeer and|or Mahorn will be there with their big game tomorrow, not to mention the rest of the Bad Boys. AD and Isiah in the same HOF room... hoo boy. I'm still surprised that Chuck Daly isn't giving the HOF presentation.

Blog Entries
    You can watch Joe's 8 min. speech at nba.com.

Recap:The men of the square table commercial, Zeke kisses Joe, Davidson accompanied by a younger woman (Daughter? Wife?) who is crying, he's seriously underdressed in some sort of zipper shirt/coat, Daddy Rich in the house, Joe's speech is warm and well done, albeit a bit "preachy" and slightly arrogant, IMO.

Just watched it. I can see what Glenn's saying at the begining but he ties it all back to a message of appreciating his family and about not being able to stand where he is now without that humility he was stressing. It was a classic JoeD message. I thought he pulled off the white on white tie well.
    STEW BEEF!

Blog Entries
    Yeah, it's not a big deal or anything (it's sort of hard to be humble when you are going into a "Hall of Fame" in any case), but how many times can you tell people how good of an example you are/were before it starts sounding self serving?

Others can say it as much as they want to, but part of actually being humble is not pointing out how humble you are.
    Find a new slant.

If he starts taking out ads in the paper about it, I think he'll have crossed a line. But to my knowledge he's usually responding to a question asked. It is clear that he's pretty proud about his humility though.
    STEW BEEF!

+ Reply to Thread