+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: WTFDetroit NFL Power Rankings - Week 1, 2006

WTFDetroit NFL Power Rankings - Week 1, 2006

Football is back, Sorry Lions' fans, but at least we had something good to watch for most of the summer. With the new season there is new hope, new players, new referee uniforms and new ways for your old favorites to break your hearts. There are also questions that surround each team and players, ranging from the obvious like; How much will the Texans regret their draft pick? Will the Steelers repeat? To the Bizarre like can Todd Sauerbrun complete his life long goal of out benching the combined weight of the Denver O-Line? Or what week will T.O go “Last Boy Scout” on Drew Bledsoe?

rollin through your neighborhood, middle finger up
    ummm... the bears, chargers, and dolphins over my 'boys? who decides this here power list? theres some other teams i could argue about but those three are under the dallas star. bears have no proven QB, no running game, just a defense. if you ask me theres a hardcore bears homer in this vote because they arent that good, but they will have a decent record and make the playoffs because of their division. chargers, another unproven QB and where they do have LT they dont have the best defense. the cowboys also beat the chargers last year while the chargers went down imo while the cowboys improved. dolphins are on the up but id still take the cowboys over them anyday. TO is def a pending issue, but if he is anything more than a lil bitch he will be good for at least one year, plus parcells will put him in his place. if artest could come back and do good things in sac for the time he did, i think TO can do the same for at least one season. i think it says a lot that as a previous TO hater due to the 'star incident' im cool with him now. even if TO gets himself benched again, the cowboys WR group is pretty deep and glenn tore it up this preseason. thats my 3 cents.

The Cowboys haven't proved anything yet, except for the fact they have a loose cannon that refuses to grow up on thier team. Keep in mind this is just the opening rankings, so there's a good chance those 'Boys will move on up past the overrated Dolphins and Bears.

Good rankings, in my opinion, except for the ranking of the Niners. They should be dead last with the Bills, and no one else is really close to those two.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

Blog Entries
    Here's the WTF rankings in list format with ESPN's rankings in parentheses so you can see where we differ.

1. Seahawks (1)
    2. Colts (4)
    3. Panthers (2)
    4. Steelers (3)
    5. Broncos (5)
    6. Patriots (7)
    7. Giants (10)
    8. Bears (13)
    9. Chargers (16)
    10. Dolphins (9)
    11. Bengals (6)
    12. Jaguars (11)
    13. Cowboys (8)
    14. Buccaneers (12)
    15. Redskins (14)
    16. Ravens (18)
    17. Falcons (17)
    18. Eagles (15)
    19. Cardinals (21)
    20. Rams (22)
    21. Vikings (19)
    22. Chiefs (20)
    23. Titans (26)
    24. Saints (29)
    25. Raiders (25)
    26. Lions (23)
    27. Browns (27)
    28. 49ers (32)
    29. Texans (24)
    30. Packers (28)
    31. Jets (31)
    32. Bills (30)
    Last edited by Glenn; 09-08-2006 at 11:45 AM.

good deal barbaro. i rest my case

Blog Entries
    Ux, "different" doesn't not necessarily = "wrong", lol

I consider the Cowboys to be in that small group of "national teams" that tend to get overrated no matter what.

I would put the Cowboys, Raiders, Patriots, Steelers, Dolphins, Redskins and maybe even the Bears/Packers/Broncos in that group, but to a much lesser extent.

The WWL loves the Cowboys.
    Last edited by Glenn; 09-08-2006 at 01:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UxKa
    good deal barbaro. i rest my case
    Part of the reason for the Cowboys being 13 has to do with some of the turmoil, and uncertainity but as the comments said if all goes as expected the Cowboys will be at the top of the NFC.

TO hate had nothing to do with the ranking as far as I am concerned, but not knowing if he is going to play Sunday or if the chemistry that is needed exists did effect my thoughts at least. TO being part of the team makes the offense 10 times more dangerous, without him there defense don't have to double team every down, less double team equals less holes in coverage for drew to find.

i never said 'wrong', just stated my opinion and explained it. as far as TO, there hasnt been any turmoil just media hype. i didnt see the fact that steve smith or heines ward both missing most of training camp due to hamstrings a top headline every day. ward didnt play a single preseason down, and smith only became a headline when it became a possibility that he wouldnt play this sunday. TO was headlines just because he is TO. i only said i rest my case because the professionals agreed with me, they get paid to make those rankings, and it was in line with what i said.

Blog Entries
    For the record, I was just fucking with you with the equation.

Debating and discussing the rankings is one of the main reasons this particular forum is here, so have at it.

1. Seahawks -- A close heartpounding victory against, the Lions? Drop 4 spots, please.

2. Colts -- The post EJ era begins with a solid performance... and if it wasn't for all the bonehead NY penalties, Indy would be 0-1. Drop 2 spots.

3. Panthers -- Bitched by a Vick. Oops. Drop 3 spots.

4. Steelers -- A solid victory WITHOUT Big Ben. Number one, if you please.

5. Broncos -- Owned by the foot of Jeff Wilkins. Nice action, Shanahahahaha. Drop 2 spots.

6. Patriots -- Ugly and too close for comfort... situation normal. Up 3.

7. Giants -- Nice job, until the final 90 seconds, assclowns! Drop 4 spots.

8. Bears -- It WAS against the Pac, but still a great start. Up 6 spots.

9. Chargers -- We'll see on Monday.

10. Dolphins -- They had a Ben-less Pitt for a half and a half. Wow! Still, good enough to stay pat.

11. Bengals -- Good game, and Carson ain't close to 100% yet. Extra credit for "the hit". Up 4 spots.

12. Jaguars -- KO by TO. No, wait... TO KO'd!!! Stay.

13. Cowboys -- Fuck a Cowboy. Drop these bitches.

14. Buccaneers -- Eeeeggghhh. WTF was THAT?... Chris Sims, that's what. Drop 5 spots.

15. Redskins -- Monday night.

16. Ravens -- Baltimore scored HOW many points. The new USC of the NFL. Up 2 spots.

17. Falcons -- Hmmm. Vick wins! No, the TEAM wins. Dunn's amazing! Up 4 spots.

18. Eagles -- Looked great. Er, umm... against the Texans. Up 2 spots.

19. Cardinals -- Wow. Bidwell gets the game ball. Fucker's the REASON why Arizona sucks so bad. Good win, and good luck to this team. Up 2 spots.

20. Rams -- Not bad for the new look Run-and-run offense. D looked sharp. Up 2 spots.

21. Vikings -- Monday.

22. Chiefs -- Down goes Green. Down goes Green. They looked like shit in the preseason -- they look like shit now. Drop three spots.

23. Titans -- Burp. Drop 3 spots.

24. Saints -- The savior has arrived. Up 20 spots.... just kidding. Up 4 spots.

25. Raiders -- Monday, but up one spot by default, since they CAN'T be worse than the Cheifs.

26. Lions -- Up 4 spots. Against the Super Bowl also-rans, a good game.

27. Browns -- Drop one spot.. because I hate Drew Carey.

28. 49ers -- Drop 3 spots, cause they're gonna lose some laughers real soon.

29. Texans -- Am I the only one feeling sorry for Carr? Stay.

30. Packers -- They're healthy again, and scored zero points to show for it. Drop two spots.

31. Jets -- There ain't no REAL football in Tennessee... at least not like NY football. Up 4 spots.

32. Bills -- Almost beat the Pats. Good enough for 2 spots up... because they didn't beat the Pats.

1.Steelers
    2 Bears
    3 Patriots
    4 Colts
    5 Seahawks
    6 Panthers
    7 Broncos
    8 Bengals
    9 Chargers
    10 Dolphins
    11 Giants
    12 Jaguars
    13 Falcons
    14 Ravens
    15 Redskins
    16 Eagles
    17 Cards
    18 Rams
    19 Bucs
    20 Saints
    21 Vikings
    22 Lions
    23 USC
    24 Raiders
    25 Cheifs
    26 Titans
    27 Jets
    28 Browns
    29 Texans
    30 Bills
    31 49ers
    32 Packers
    Last edited by DennyMcLain; 09-11-2006 at 03:45 AM.

+ Reply to Thread