+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: OGT: CMU @ U-M, Wolves eating Chips

OGT: CMU @ U-M, Wolves eating Chips

Saturday, noon, Ann Arbor.

Wolverines look to go 2-0 and stop another mobile QB this week. Now ranked 10th by the writers, they look to continue their momentum going into the first big game, the following week at Notre Dame.

The Chippewas are 0-1, falling to Boston College 24-31. They could make some noise and keep the game close for quite a while like Vanderbilt did, but ultimately they have no chance. I have no clue what the spread is.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

Chips win!

Ok, they won't, but I'll be happy with a close loss like they got against BC.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    It's going to be a bloodbath.

55-10 UM

Kevin Grady with 3 TDs, the defense gets 2 of their own.
    Last edited by Glenn; 09-08-2006 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    Chips win!

Ok, they won't, but I'll be happy with a close loss like they got against BC.
    there's a typical chippewa fan for ya. satisfied with only a close loss. I'm sure that's what Brian Kelly is telling his players right now.

"all right men let's head on down to Ann Arbor and lose by 10, head back to Mt. Pleasant (BTW has anyone seen a mountain there?), then some of you can go to the bar, get in a fight, kill somebody, and ruin another season." How bout saying something about how they could possibly take some momentum from the B.C. game into the Big House? nevermind... there's only one game that matters in CMU football and that's when they host WMU this year at the annual "Toilet Bowl"... where the only score that matters is how many throw-up, go to the hospital from alcohol poisioning AND/OR out run the mounted police.

Opening drive, 4th and 7 on the CMU 26. Kick a field goal? Last season, yup. This season, go for it and convert. A few plays later, Mike Hart TD. FEEEEELLLL IT!

OK, someone who knows the rules better answer this for me. On that fumble, David Harris had a hold of the Central player from behind as everyone scrambled to recover. Is that legal or a huge missed call that hurt CMU?

Radio guys talked about it, said its competely legal and very smart.

I obviously can't see it, so I'll suppose its true.

Ok, a weather delay in college football sucks for someone watching at home.

Blog Entries
    ESPN.com's scoreboard page has the game as a 7-0 final score.

edit- they fixed it
    Last edited by Glenn; 09-09-2006 at 12:45 PM.

good enough for UM, but i'm none too confident about next week. i'm with bo, the irish have a huge advantage having already played GT and penn state.

screw playing chumps in the preseason, get some real games lloyd.

btw, i've said since henson was qb that we're too conservative, but i think, offensively, its time to really reign it in. if our o-line stays healthy, why not just run the ball every play? we've got the rb's.

+ Reply to Thread