+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Steve Irwin, aka "The Crocodile Hunter" Killed By a Stingray, not a Crocodile

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.

Steve Irwin, aka "The Crocodile Hunter" Killed By a Stingray, not a Crocodile

Reports: 'Crocodile Hunter' dead

POSTED: 1:11 a.m. EDT, September 4, 2006

SYDNEY, Australia (CNN) -- Steve Irwin, the Australian TV presenter known as the "Crocodile Hunter," has died after being stung in a marine accident off Australia's north coast.
    Australian media reports say Irwin was diving in waters off Port Douglas, north of Cairns, when the incident happened on Monday morning.
    Irwin was killed by a stingray barb that went through his chest, according to Cairns police sources. Irwin was filming an underwater documentary at the time.
    Ambulance officers confirmed they attended a reef fatality Monday morning off Port Douglas, according to Australian media.
    Queensland Police Services also confirmed Irwin's death and said his family had been notified.
    Irwin, 44, was director of the Australian Zoo in Queensland.
    He and his American-born wife Terri Irwin became popular figures on Australian and international television through Irwin's close handling of wildlife, most notably the capture of live crocodiles.
    Irwin's enthusiastic approach to nature conservation and the environment won him a global following.
    But his image suffered a setback in 2004 when he held his then one-month-old baby while feeding a crocodile at his Australian zoo.
    http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/asiapc...win/index.html

^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

probably pretty big for P as it is his home town.

yeah sat it aint so

Could the sting ray have been Pharoah with a harpoon?

Seriously Steve Irwin was possibly the most entertaining guy on television and he did alot for wildlife and getting people into it. He became an icon and its too bad that he passed. RIP
    ^

... but what a way to go. It's like a rock star death for naturalists!

It's like if I drown in sloppy joe.

since i was never a fan of rockstar deaths. i'm not all that envious. and getting stabbed by a stingray underwaters sounds like a not so great feeling.
    ^

man this is sad news. i really liked that guy and his show. wife and kid as well. this sucks

Of all the dangerous animals he's fucked with.......

......a fucking Sting Ray?!?

Man, what an anti-climatic way to die.

RIP.

He was an awesome entertainer. He'll be well missed.

i love nature shows, sucks he died

i remember watching an episode where a croc died and he was genuiely upset, weeping on camera. you can't say he wasn't passionate about his craft.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutz Gatsu
    since i was never a fan of rockstar deaths. i'm not all that envious. and getting stabbed by a stingray underwaters sounds like a not so great feeling.
    Wrong....wrong.

We think he was stabbed by a Stingray bard underwater -- THINK. The article never said it was ever caught on film, meaning foul play might be involved.

Check. Not like Jim Morrison, more like Brandon Lee.

Could have been SeAL 6 on a mission to kill an Aussie in order to please George Bush, who's hatred of Australia has been well documented.

This is EXACTLY like many of those murky rock star deaths, claimed as suicides, but with an interesting stench of skepticism to them.

+ Reply to Thread