+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Party at Currents (downtown) on Sunday

Just kickin' back on the seven seas of smoothness.

Party at Currents (downtown) on Sunday

I'm sure everyone's got big plans on Sunday, but if not, there's a really cool party going down at Currents downtown. Basically, it's a techno party, but there's these dub artists that will be DJing from 6pm-10pm called Rhythm & Sound. They are kind of heavyweights in the underground music community and it's kind of a big deal that they are playing. The cool thing is the party starts at 4pm and goes until late. Here's the flyer if anyone cares:

I'm not sure if anyone likes techno on this board or anything, but I figured I would mention that Christian Smith had to cancel due to illness and Dan Bell would be taking his place as the "headliner".

Even though I think Rhythm & Sound is the true headliner.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    I appreciate techno in doses, though I never was much of a club kid.

bangpow, i'm sure everyone appreciates the heads up. keep 'em coming

Yeah, I'll keep you guys in the loop when something good goes on. Unfortunately, there's a lot of shit events that go on around here.

Anyway, Sunday was fun. I got wasted as all hell, though. I got to the party at around 6 PM and left at 2 AM.

Rhythm & Sound was what I expected. They were just playing some good ass dub records for a few hours and then the techno started. Now, I am a fan of techno and all, hell I've been playing it for years, but it has been getting a bit stale to me as of late. So, hearing some good dub on a nice ass Funktion One sound system, was fantastic.

+ Reply to Thread