+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Car advice

Car advice

Alright, I can't make up my mind and none of the input I'm getting at home is helping, so I'll lay it out here for you guys.

Decision to make: Should I or should I not trade in my truck for a 2006 Ford Mustang, either V6 or lowest priced GT possible?

Current truck: 2002 Ford Explorer SporTrac, 4WD, 65,000 miles, loaded
    Current condition: rusted side rails, needs new tires, brakes, hole in bumper from trailer incident, rear door won't open from inside. Otherwise, runs well.
    Current uses: Good in winter (GREAT actually), also helpful to move boxes for work.

Potential car: 2006 Mustang GT or V6 ... my favorite car growing up, would be a fun car to drive. Shit in the winter, can't pack anything in it.

Finances: Make lots of money for my age (23), could buy the car with cash including truck trade-in, not sure if I want to deplete my savings for a car I may or may not need (actually the need would be whether or not it's a smart time to trade in a truck that although it runs well now could be headed into the years where it nickel-and-dimes me to death).

Also, insurance would become a bitch.

What do we think?

Love,
    Grizzie

P.S. I have no children, so seating capacity is moot.

rollin through your neighborhood, middle finger up
    do you have to deal with snow in the winter? if so then i'd stay with the explorer. my stang is hell in winter. as far as GT or V6 id go with the 6. you can upgrade it to a GT cheaper than ford charges for the GT. check this site out: 3.8mustang.com. the new 6's starting in '05 are 4.0 (or 4.2, cant remember offhand) but they have a section in there for those too.

once upon a time i was falling in love, now i'm fucking falling apart
    Truck.

Or at least something NOT the Mustang. Doesn't seem like a good fit for you at all.

-ojay!

i recently bought an 07 v6 vert and test drove a bunch of stangs at the dealership. I had an 04 gt stick and it was comparable to the 07 v6 stick which i test drove recently. Nice exhaust sound.

thing is, i feel that there is no sense gettin a v6 cause everytime you pass a gt you get angry at yourself. And people always ask IS IT A GT?

rollin through your neighborhood, middle finger up
    thats why with the money you saved from getting a V6, you make your 6 faster then a GT. then when you pull a GT you can laugh even harder. get a plate that says something like 'GT EETR' lol

I've only owned Mustangs (2 so far, I'm 25) and my wife owns a Mustang. If you've never driven a stang in winter and you are coming from a vehicle where you didn't have to learn how to drive in winter, you will hate it, at least the first season (and probably the second, though it won't be "hard" the 2nd time). Mustangs aren't undrivable in winter, you just have to know how to compensate and anticipate. Going down a hill in reverse is actually fun if you don't let it frustrate you.

If you want it and can afford it, go ahead. How many vehicles have you bought btw? Just a note of caution: Everyone I've known (and I know a few) who's bought multiple expensive cars (a "newish" car every couple years or so, or leased a car while paying for another car when they are single) with the oodles of extra cash that being a single youth who's somewhat responsible with money and has a decent paying job can bring, has wished they wouldn't have "wasted" it on so many cars in such a short amount of time.

Its up to you, but I wouldn't let winter stop me from buying a Mustang.
    STEW BEEF!

Quote Originally Posted by Fool
    I've only owned Mustangs (2 so far, I'm 25) and my wife owns a Mustang. If you've never driven a stang in winter and you are coming from a vehicle where you didn't have to learn how to drive in winter, you will hate it, at least the first season (and probably the second, though it won't be "hard" the 2nd time). Mustangs aren't undrivable in winter, you just have to know how to compensate and anticipate. Going down a hill in reverse is actually fun if you don't let it frustrate you.

If you want it and can afford it, go ahead. How many vehicles have you bought btw? Just a note of caution: Everyone I've known (and I know a few) who's bought multiple expensive cars (a "newish" car every couple years or so, or leased a car while paying for another car when they are single) with the oodles of extra cash that being a single youth who's somewhat responsible with money and has a decent paying job can bring, has wished they wouldn't have "wasted" it on so many cars in such a short amount of time.

Its up to you, but I wouldn't let winter stop me from buying a Mustang.

This would be my fourth vehicle in six years, although the first one was a beater.

i agree with fool. you gotta be saving that money bro. i dont care how much you make. its uber important to start investing now if you can. you save your money, you might retire when your 40. you blow your money on cars (perhaps the worst investment you can make), you'll be working till your 70.

to illustrate my point, using the scientific calculator on my computer i did this computation:

1000x1.1^20

where 1000 is your innitial investment, 1.1 represents making 10% interest per year, and 20 represents 20 years.

i plugged this number in, and the return on the investment of $1000 at 10% interest over 20 years is (if my math is correct):$110,000,000,000,000,000.

i hope this settles your question once and for all.

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    Uhhhh...It's actually 6727.50.

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

+ Reply to Thread