+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Arts, Beats, and Eats 2006 (Sept 1-4)

Arts, Beats, and Eats 2006 (Sept 1-4)

http://www.artsbeatseats.com/index.html

ideally, i'd like to check out both the International Jazzfest in Detroit and the Arts, Beats and Eats festival in Pontiac. not sure if i'll have time for both, though.

I've got an old friend who goes to this every year because his favorite band always plays it (fuck if I can't remember their stupid Canadian name) and another friend who will probably have to work a booth there again for WDET. The ticket thing they do is bogus, other than that, its a fine little time walking the streets.
    STEW BEEF!

Blog Entries
    Chuck Mangione!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fool
    I've got an old friend who goes to this every year because his favorite band always plays it (fuck if I can't remember their stupid Canadian name) and another friend who will probably have to work a booth there again for WDET. The ticket thing they do is bogus, other than that, its a fine little time walking the streets.

You mean you don't like paying 8 dollars or 48 tickets for a burrito that would cost you a 1.99 at Baja Fresh? Don't get me wrong I never minded walking around when I went but the whole thing is a huge rip off and poorly put together for the most part. I think if it were a little more organized and spread out more it would be a helluva a lot better, dropping the prices whether via tickest or cash would also be a huge plus.

anyone check it out? i might be going tonight......sucks that the weather is gloomy, but hopefully it's fun.

Just kickin' back on the seven seas of smoothness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    anyone check it out? i might be going tonight......sucks that the weather is gloomy, but hopefully it's fun.
    You going to hit up iLounge afterwards if you go?

my wife and I went friday night. it was nice to go to the free concerts, but the ticket/food thing was really stupid. i'd rather just pay cash.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

+ Reply to Thread