+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Madden 07!!!!

rollin through your neighborhood, middle finger up
    in superstar mode when you unlocked the players... how far were you and how well you were doing? im playing on pc, and wondering if it wont happen or im not far enough.

Quote Originally Posted by UxKa
    in superstar mode when you unlocked the players... how far were you and how well you were doing? im playing on pc, and wondering if it wont happen or im not far enough.
    I just finished the second pre-season game, but I did get like 110 efficiency points in the last game. Then I just went to Madden gamer level and all of a sudden these old school ballers were free agents! AAAAH! Does anyone know a way around this?

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

must just be a console glitch then. i went 15-1, won rookie of year, QB of year, super bowl, superbowl mvp, and pro bowl mvp, and i dont have any of the HOFs in my game in the second season now. i regularly averaged about 200 influence points per game, up to 350 on a couple games. for the record im playing on pro level, was pretty rusty on madden so didnt want to go for the gold right away but at least i wasnt playing on rookie lol

Just kickin' back on the seven seas of smoothness.
    Yes, the HOF players showing up as FA's is in fact a known glitch on the consoles.

This is taken from Operation Sports, specifically Shawn Drotar:

I've received a response directly from the Madden team.

Apparently, the people who told me that HOFers were not going to be added to Superstar/Franchise rosters at Community Day were "misinformed".

"...the (design) team wanted to give players the ability to use HOF players on current rosters. This is intentional."

This is the workaround recommended by the Madden team if "players do not want to use this feature":

"Hall of Fame players are added to the roster on boot-up and whenever you move up in Madden Gamer Level. In order to prevent these (players) from being on your Franchise team, you have the following options:

1) Save off the roster upon boot-up, and load once you are in-game and then head into Franchise mode.

2) Go online and get the latest roster and start a Franchise. This will also remove the players. Once you have started a Franchise, these players won't show up, as the roster is saved with the Franchise."

To add to that, if you already have a saved Profile with a Madden Gamer Level high enough to unlock HOFers immediately, I'd recommend copying it to a memory card, removing it from your hard drive (if applicable), and booting the game without it so it doesn't auto-load.

You'll have the default rosters (and the ability to load customized ones from memory) and bypass the MGL/HOF functionality. Then, after the Franchise/Superstar is saved, you could load your profile normally.

The above instructions should also apply to Superstar mode as well as Franchise.

Now, seeing as how quickly everyone jumped on EA here, I'd like to point out that their response regarding a workaround took only a few business hours after I called them yesterday, informing them of this and alerting them that I would post that evening in advance.

Thanks specifically go to Michael Johnson of EA, who worked after hours last night after we spoke and coordinated this workaround so quickly today, and the Madden design team for getting back to us and responding to the community's need for information.

Sweet. Thanks bp. I'm definitely going to download the roster update, I'll give that a shot.

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

Quote Originally Posted by UxKa
    must just be a console glitch then. i went 15-1, won rookie of year, QB of year, super bowl, superbowl mvp, and pro bowl mvp, and i dont have any of the HOFs in my game in the second season now. i regularly averaged about 200 influence points per game, up to 350 on a couple games. for the record im playing on pro level, was pretty rusty on madden so didnt want to go for the gold right away but at least i wasnt playing on rookie lol

Wow, more cheesy than a Wisconsin deli.

No offense man, but I gotta have my franchises/superstar modes more realistic. I gotta up the AI or something so that my dude doesn't win every award known to man.

mmmm cheese lol

like i said i hadnt played more than a couple games of madden in the last 2 years or so, so i wanted to get my chops back before getting slaughtered. im on all-pro now.

I'm really frustrated with online play right now in Madden. Online ranked matches are where its at. BUT, I got royally screwed today and it has happened to me on NCAA as well.

Here is the scenario:

I'm up 3, I've got the ball on my opponents 20 yard line and I just got a first down. There is only 2 minutes left in the game. I'm averaging about 8 yards a carry. The game is in the bag. He has also used all of his timeouts.

All of a sudden the game stops and says that it lost connection. My modem was fine, all cords fine. The game just lost connection. I get a loss and a DNF for the game that I was two minutes away from sealing up. I talked to my opponent who was real cool and he said that he got a loss too.

I'm so pissed, I was 2 minutes away from being 10-2 and instead I'm 9-3 with a DNF on my record. Bullshit

Quote Originally Posted by Moodini31
    Quote Originally Posted by Moodini31
    Madden's only sitting at an 83.3% on Gamerankings.com. I'm shocked. I'd give it at least a 90%. Superstar mode is the coolest thing ever.
    After playing a bit more, I'm going to have to seriously change my review. 2 things that really piss me off are the fatigue meter bug, where no matter how hard you are working a guy, his fatigue meter will appear full even though he's not. The rumor is that EA is going to have a patch available to download to fix this very soon.

Also, the game-killing Hall Of Fame roster glitch just got me! AAAAAAAH! After doing pretty well during a game during superstar mode, I returned to the main menu and decided to check out my Madden gamer level. A pop-up box pops up saying I've unlocked some Hall Of Fame players and they're now in the free agent pool. I tried to save the roster, and delete it, then start the game over so the default roster would load up, but nope, Sammy Baugh, Herb Adderly, Y.A. Tittle, and Chuck Bednarik will all be free agents when I start my franchise!

Why can't EA get football right on the 360? Freaking GAAAAAAAAY!

Go to www.maddenmania.com register, and view the forums, there's fixes there, kinda ghetto fixes, but it'll fix it.

Just kickin' back on the seven seas of smoothness.
    Quote Originally Posted by cruscott35

Go to www.maddenmania.com register, and view the forums, there's fixes there, kinda ghetto fixes, but it'll fix it.

Just be careful of what you say over there because they are rather ban happy. Heaven forbid you critique the Madden franchise is any way.

+ Reply to Thread